Lieutenant Tasha MacFarlane - We'll get you better

thoyte99

Nov 23, 2020, 5:23:57 AM11/23/20
to USS Gorkon – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Red Carrier Employee Domicile 14))

MacFarlane: Take m’ ‘and sh’Shar, we’ll get medical t’ check yeh out an’ yeh’ll be back t’ work in no time.

sh’Shar: But I can't go. I have a shift soon. I have to get to work, I can't have sick days. I have to get my... get promoted again, to Lieutenant. I have to re-enlist. And... wait, first things first.

She didn’t look to be in good shape. Tasha needed something that sh’Shar could be grounded to, something to anchor her in one reality. Something familiar. Unfortunately Tasha didn’t know her that well.

sh'Shar: I don't... I don't understand. Velana, how are you on Iana Station? You're... you're on the Independence, but it was lost.... wait, where am I?

If sh’Shar was remembering her time in Starfleet, perhaps familiar surroundings would help her. Tasha didn’t know the specifics of Mikali’s postings, but there were commonalities on all ships.

MacFarlane: ::To the nearby Caitian:: Tell th’ security folks t’ be ready an’ follow m’ lead. ::Turning back to sh’Shar, Tasha stood and took a deep breath.::  MIKALI SH’SHAR! I ’AVE ‘AD ENOUGH O’ YER ANDORIAN BRAVADO AN’ STUBBORNNESS F’ ONE DAY. YEH WILL GO T’ MEDICAL OR I WILL ‘AVE SECURITY HAUL YEH DOWN THERE BY YER EARS, D’ YEH UNDERSTAND ME ENSIGN!!

Tasha could see sh’Shar snap back to reality. This one or the Starfleet one, she wasn’t sure. But if she was grounded somewhere, then hopefully they could get some cooperation from her.

sh’Shar: Yessir.

MacFarlane: Good, are yeh going t’ get yerself down t’ sickbay now?

Tasha took a step forward as sh’Shar pulled herself up to her shaky feet. Perhaps standing wasn’t the best idea just yet, but Andorians were stubborn.

sh'Shar: It's... I don't feel good. You're right. I think I'm actually really sick.

MacFarlane: ::As kindly as possible:: We know.

sh’Shar seemed quite unbalanced, requiring the support of a chair to remain standing. Tasha was no medical expert, but that didn’t seem like a good sign.

sh'Shar: Will you come to medical with me? Just to get it checked out.

MacFarlane: O’ course, I’m ‘ere t’ ‘elp yeh, always.

sh'Shar: Okay.

One step was all sh’Shar managed before crashing to the ground with an awful whack.

sh'Shar: Ow.

MacFarlane: I’ve got yeh, take it easy.

She slipped an arm around sh’Shar and helped the unsteady Andorian to her feet.

sh’Shar: Response

MacFarlane: Slow steps sweetie, we’ll take yeh where yeh need t’ go. ::Gesturing to one of the security officers:: Hey, take ‘er other side.

The security officer, who until this point had seemed very unsure of the entire situation, hurried forward. He slipped his arm around sh’Shar, helping Tasha to keep the sick Andorian vertical.

sh’Shar: Response

Supporting sh’Shar as she was, it was a little difficult for Tasha to tap her commbadge without dropping the poor woman, but she managed it.

MacFarlane: =/\= MacFarlane t’ Transporter room, Beam us straight t’ sickbay. =/\=

sh’Shar: Response

-----
Lieutenant Tasha MacFarlane
Senior Engineering Officer