Lt. Commander Samira Neathler - Competitions

Samira Neathler

Jun 22, 2024, 4:47:11 PM (7 days ago) Jun 22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Bridge - USS Gorkon))

While Quinn had asked Jo to join her in the admiral’s ready room, Samira was having a conversation with Cory about their current situation. With his knowledge about what the ship had gone through during their time Over There, the man should have plenty ideas and information on how they would get through the next weeks or even months. And in the meantime it gave her something to do, without having to think of the losses and other consequences the changed timeline had brought with it. She looked at Cory.

Neathler: All I can say for now, take the time each day to spend a moment with those you love Cory. Ayiana, Meatloaf, Tana, other people you call family and treasure those moments.

Stoyer: I plan on it.  Right now though, getting out of here.

Who was she kidding? Cory knew better than her what it was like.

Neathler: But first things first, hide in that nebula, and come up with a plan of action. Listing our resources, figure out how far the tentacles of the Borg reach, and survive until we figure out a way to reverse what has happened.

Though how they were going to do that was a mystery. Yet, the Admiral had made that promise to the crew, so they would have to figure out something. Going back in time to prevent Johnsen from performing the heist was no longer an option due to them being in a different timeline. She ruffled her black hair, she ought to stop thinking about time travel.

Stoyer: That is a pretty good plan.  Now we have to fill in the gaps and we can go home.

Samira almost smiled. If only things were so easy and those gaps they had to fill weren’t as huge as mountains.

Stoyer:  Commander, I just had an idea.  Maybe group activities on the holodeck.  It will give folks a chance to have a break from duties and relax with others.

Samira nodded, it was a good idea. Keep the crew occupied after duty hours, so they’d have less time to dwell on what they had lost or what was waiting for them out there. And it would also create a better bond between the different crewmembers and departments.

Neathler: Good thinking, although I’m not sure we’ll be able to keep the holodecks running.

She noticed Cory making a small course adjustment.

Stoyer:  Maybe set up some interdepartmental competitions.  Thinking about that instead of the situation.  It’s a long shot, but hey.

She crossed her arms in front of her, a smile playing around her lips.

Neathler: Are you volunteering to keep the score, Mister Stoyer?

Stoyer: Response

She moved towards the first officer's seat and grabbed the glass of milk, taking a sip as she returned to the helm station.

Neathler: Maybe we should focus on activities that we can do outside the holodecks. I’m thinking about the shuttle bays or cargo bays. There’s plenty of room in there to run around or even create a corner for the quieter hobbies.

With the different species onboard, each would want to perform their own games. Mainly because they knew them the best and did not everyone want to win somehow? Or maybe they should look for another location for those who preferred games like the one she had seen in the captain’s quarters of Depot 39. She figured playing a game of Kal-toh would best be done in a location where people didn’t scream to support those they were rooting for.

Stoyer: Response

She turned around and looked at the others on the bridge before she addressed Cory again.

Neathler: What’s your take on competitions but leaving out the interdepartmental thing? I mean those working in the same department see each other a lot already. I’d think they’d benefit more if they’d mingle with other departments during off hours.

Or maybe people tend to stick to their department either way because they knew each other best.

Stoyer: Response

---
Executive Officer
USS Gorkon