​Lieutenant Corliss Fortune-Pumby and Vaala and Alieth, Oh My!

Hailey Sam

Jan 25, 2022, 1:52:16 PM1/25/22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Deck 7, Counselor Office, USS Gorkon))

Vaala: =/\= Okay, I actually scheduled today off for some light reading, but nobody told me there might be a big PUMBY involved! I will definitely be right down! =/\=

Pumby? That was a new word. It ranked up with Catty Hulu and 'effervescent', which she often read as 'feverest' if she ever came across it. Was Cheesecake a pumby? Only Vaala-and probably Alieth-would know. For now, she was happy to see her friend again.

Fortune: =/\= Wonderful! I'll get in touch with Alieth then, get her down here. =/\=

Vaala: =/\= I'm on my way! I feel like I am in desperate need of peanut brittle and ALSO to meet his new fuzzy member of our team! =/\=

Good thing she restocked then! ....wait...could puppies eat peanut brittle? She side eyed the treat for a second before answering.

Fortune: =/\= See you soon! =/\=

With that, she turned to the second two-legged person to check in with.

Fortune: =/\= Fortune to Lieutenant Alieth! =/\=

Alieth: =/\= Response? =/\=

Fortune: =/\= Hey! Was going to introduce Cheesecake to the staff, if today was okay? Vaala's coming by as well.

Alieth: Response?

Fortune: =/\= Cool...cool...hey um...can puppies have peanut brittle? I feel like that's a hard no but also like, how can anyone resist peanut brittle? =/\=

Alieth: Response?

Fortune: =/\= Hmm. Hajim might have some puppy treats. He's great at cooking, makes a mean goulash. Mind, I don't know what a goulash is, but if anyone else's is like his, I'd eat it...probably Caedan would rank up, if not outright beat...::she was rambling, she shook her head quickly.:: A-Anyway! Come on down with her, if you can! =/\=

Alieth: Response?

Fortune: =/\= Great! Meet you soon! =/\=

And with that, she had a bit of time to get everything orderly. Which, everything was, of course, but she did put the box of peanut brittle up higher. Cheesecake couldn't possibly jump higher than Corliss was tall, could she? She stared at the shelves a moment, looking down at the treats and back up before slowly sliding them in place.

...she reached up and shifted it in place, then took it back down with a head shake, placing them back on the desk. No, there'd be about three, maybe five, pairs of eyes on the puppy. They would be able to stop her!

Right?

The chime rang, shaking her free of her thoughts.

Vaala: =/\= It's me! I'm here! I need counselling and also the PUMBY. =/\=

Fortune: =/\= Ah! Come in, Vaala! =/\=

Vaala scooted in, eyes wide. Corliss laughed, popping open the box of treats as an offering.

Vaala: I am ready for the puppification. I even took my allergy shot on the way in!

Fortune: Oh no! Vaala, I didn't even think to ask if you were allergic!

Vaala: Response

Fortune: I've not really dealt with pets before...they're not quite common back home. ::she sighed, shaking her head.:: Alieth should be on her way by now.

Vaala: Response

Fortune: Her name is Cheesecake and she is very big and she tried to eat trash when I was with her. I do not know much about puppies though so this will be a learning experience for us all! And requires more reading, of course.

Vaala: Response

She did always love finding new and improved writings in her field, small or big. It was just so fascinating seeing what had been uncovered. Speaking of which, she should probably check in on all that.

She perked up, hearing the chime again.

Fortune: Come in!

She already figured it was Alieth as she waved Vaala at a chair, flittering around before picking up the box of brittle again, deciding to hold it in her lap to throw in case the puppy tried to take a chomp. Even if she could have them, it was Alieth's decision on what treats she could have...and well, she didn't want the whole thing to be eaten in one fell swoop!

Alieth/Vaala: Response?

Lieutenant Corliss Fortune

Highest Quality Counsellor Brain

USS Gorkon