Lieutenant Cory Stoyer - A spoonful of food makes everything better

1 view

Cory Stoyer

Jan 25, 2023, 9:33:20 PM1/25/23
to USS Gorkon – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Cyrithra Forest, Palanon))

The group had been joined by Pira.  Cory liked the spunky Andorian woman.  Now they were heading over to the buffet.  Cory loaded his plate up with cuts of beef and other yummy things.  It wasn’t the healthiest meal, but it looked and smelled good.  Sami suggested he grab some veggies.

Stoyer: Well, I could go get seconds.

Sevo: Or vegetables. ::Reiterating Sami’s suggestion.::

Cory gave her a dirty look.  He spent enough time in the gym to splurge a little bit.

Neathler: Don’t forget some room for dessert. We all know Caedan’s baking is the best.

Cory shoveled in a fork fill of food and nodded.

sh’Qynallahr: The man is an artist.

Sevo: I’ve been spoiled by him, it is true.

As Cory ate Pira grabbed one of the insects on her plate and ate it.  His stomach did a bit of flipping.  He was open minded as the next person.  But still, it wasn’t something he was ready to try.

Neathler: Do any of you cook from time to time?

sh’Qynallahr: Not to this degree. I can cook basic Andorian cuisine, and I picked up a trick or two for wilderness cooking with the Rangers.

Sevo: Yes. One of my former hosts was a chef, and I still cook from time to time. Even BBQ’d for a winter party here on Palanon a few years back.

Cory nodded at Ayiana he remembered that time.  She was a great cook.

Stoyer: That’s right.  It was a great meal.

Neathler: It’s not something I’ve learned.

Sevo: The basics aren’t hard, but you have to have passion if you really want to get into it.

Stoyer: I haven’t had the time to learn.

Neathler: If you’ll excuse me, duty calls. ::She stood up, removing her gloves.:: Thank you for the company. I might be back for that dessert later, though.

sh’Qynallahr: We’ll look out for you.

Sevo: We’ll hold one for you.

Stoyer: Take care Sami.

Cory watched his friend leave to do her XO duties.  He went back to his plate.

sh’Qynallahr: I’m not sure I’ll have space for dessert with the way this feast is set up.

Sevo: Ice cream. The great thing about it is that it’ll fit into the cracks in your full stomach.

Stoyer: I don't know, this is pretty good.

Ayiana got up and Pira followed.  Cory took another bite and joined the ladies.  The desert tables was impressive.  Caedan out did himself this time.

Sevo: Personally, I’d recommend the pastries.

Cory looked over the pastries and had to agree with her.  They did look good.

Stoyer: I will try them later.

sh’Qynallahr: Response

As they ate the conversations turned toward less life threatening topics.

Sevo: So, Pira, I haven’t seen much of you recently, both of us keeping busy. What have you been up to outside life-or-death encounters?

Stoyer: Yeah, any less life threatening?

sh’Qynallahr: Response

Stoyer:  Ayiana and I have some interesting news.

Sevo/sh’Qynallahr: Response

Stoyer:  Trust me.  It is interesting.

Sevo/sh’Qynallahr: Response

Lieutenant Cory Stoyer