Ensign Miaxdiso Avoi - Fresh Peculiarities

Doz Finch

Jun 1, 2023, 4:52:08 AM6/1/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com, Doz Finch

((Transport Shuttle Akari, en route to the USS Gorkon))

Their expedition to the USS Gorkon continued, and so too did their conversation that had fluidly moved from subject to subject. Cain appeared to be a person of ideas, very eager indeed to keep her heart pumping, with a restiveness pouring out of her like a watermill on a vertical axle. Ylvor’s avidity was balmier by comparison, and in that moment, more like the seeds of a dandelion floating through the air, happy to go along with whatever and wherever the wind took her. Of course, these mere glimpses into the two officers did not paint a full picture, that would come later, providing they both didn’t succumb to the so-called curse of the gold shirts, a thought that Avoi shook off after it first sent shivers down her slender spine.

Avoi: I attended a gala a few years ago, as an invitee of a very notorious celebutante, and he had us playing some maniacal games! Thank the four deities I had nowhere to be the next day, because it was *quite* the affair. ::amused::

Ylvor: Whilst you are enjoying your parties, people like Xandria and myself were looking for possible security concerns. Close protection details aren't fun for anyone but those who are being protected. ::Torvi laughed:: What did you have in mind?

Cain: I managed to trade away most of my close protection details in FedSec in return for the more exciting work. Amazing how quickly folks’ brains stop working when there’s good booze involved. ::She threw a wink at the other security officer.::

Avoi: But that must have been quite exhilarating, being so… up close and personal. ::leaning in:: You’ll both have to tell me all of your stories—I bet they’re quite something. ::nodding seriously:: How about a game of charades!?

Ylvor: I can't imagine we have the room to do that here, plus the pilot might think something was wrong.

Avoi: Nonsense! We can do it here on these very seats!

Through the windows at either side of the shuttle, stars in all of their beguilement zipped past, reminding her of the speed that they were currently hurtling through space at. It was an intoxicating thought; soon enough she would arrive at her destination, in the cool and crisp air of a large cargo bay, greeted by any number of delightful strangers that she would be spending the next part of her career with. Perhaps it was a superfluous thought, like dusting candy floss with more sugar, but she wondered what sort of decorations would be there to greet them when they arrived. Perhaps streamers, in a vibrant green, hung from the dangling lights above. Or paper lanterns, dotted about the place, bearing all sorts of cut-out patterns and designs. As she thought about it, she keenly fluttered in her seat, and her eyes twinkled with gaiety.

Ylvor, whose presence was akin to a calm and flowing river only moments prior, suddenly furrowed her brows and curled her lips, as if that river had suddenly hit a dam craftily put together by busied beavers. Avoi’s eyes flitted curiously.

Cain: I just hate sitting around. Sitting around is the worst. Ghuy', I’d rather be detail cleaning the brig or something.

Avoi: Surely not! ::she laughed musically::

Ylvor: ::Looking around with her upper lip slightly snarled:: You could start on this shuttle if you want to clean something, it is pretty dismal, I don't think it's been cleaned since Praxis exploded.

Ylvor stood up and wandered over to a replicator, though it seemed to be offline, and that was very shocking indeed. If the pilots hadn’t already locked themselves away in the cockpit, she’d have tried getting their attention again, but her last attempt had been fruitless.

Cain: What’s your preferred combat style, Torvi?

Ylvor: ::chuckling:: I uh tend to favour Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, with some Andorian Kelma. They work for me, lots of grappling.::She winked:: You?

Cain: Maybe we could train together sometime. I could show you some Mok’bara, if you like. ::She turned to look at Avoi:: You too, if that’s something that interests you.

Ylvor: That is one that I have not tried, which seemed too slow of a pace for me, but I'm keen to give it a go.

Avoi had whipped out her turquoise pocket-mirror again to examine her eyelashes, as the other two officers shared their favourite forms of combat, each of their voices coated with joie de vivre. With her mouth half-agape, automatic when fixing one's eyelashes, she flicked at their outermost points with her fingers, ensuring that they were just as coiled and as springy as the last time she had expertly curled and lathered them with mascara. Naturally everything was in the correct place, and hadn’t been struck by lightning, or bulldozed by a herd of elephants, or any other make-up ruining extremity. Cain addressed her, so she folded and put her mirror away again, her teeth peering out from between her lips in preparation to smile.

Avoi: “Mok’bara” ::she repeated, her mouth stretching each syllable with care:: is that how you say it? I like learning how to properly pronounce things before I actually give whatever they are a go. ::grinning:: It is *very* important that we take the time to learn about other cultures, so how very pleasing it is to see you both already doing that!

Y’lvor approached the door that separated them and the cockpit, and Avoi’s mouth twisted knowingly.

Ylvor: Can you unlock the replicator back here, we are in need of refreshments, please. Thank you.

One small beep and her request had been granted, causing Avoi’s eyes to bulge and her mouth to untwist.

Avoi: They must have been too busy when I knocked earlier in the flight. That or they have selective hearing! ::she called out::

Cain: Response

Ylvor: Food is a great way to pass the time, what do you both want? And I don't think it is programmed for 'a faster trip to the ship' Xandria..::Torvi chuckled, smiling with a cheeky grin::

Avoi: ::clapping:: A tall glass of sparkling veacot juice would be just lovely—and I’ll have it iced. I implore you both to try it. It has a flavour not too dissimilar from plums, I believe. ::nodding assuredly to Cain::

Ylvor/Cain: Response

Avoi: Go on, try it. You must!

Ylvor/Cain: Response

Avoi: ::watching closely:: Now isn’t that just delectable? It doesn’t quite kick the same as the real thing of course, but I still enjoy it. ::sipping hers, eyes fluttering in tow:: I like them as a starter, too. When they’re dried they have a peculiar sort of squishiness.

Ylvor/Cain: Response

--

Ens. Miaxdiso Avoi

Diplomatic Officer