Lieutenant JG James Bowers - Eggshells

FinalFracture Gaming

Jun 25, 2024, 11:04:09 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Chief Security/Tactical Office - Deck 8))

James was silent after the last look and stern talking to that had come from Aegam. He let the others speak, and only interjected into the conversation when it was necessary.

Dahlquist: If there is no Federation here and no Starfleet, the only way I can think of here to find out is to get the information from the Borg.

Farvor: Besides sensors, what are you proposing?

Bowers: You aren’t proposing an infiltration mission are you?

Aegam: It’ll be a risk to take, yes. Our first data will come from the ship’s sensor readings. ::He took a deep breath.:: And we’ll receive more information after a close encounter with them.

Bowers: That’s suicide. If that is our only method of attack, we need to be very careful. I have heard awful things.

Farvor: I concur.

Aegam: The ship is now en route to that nebula where Depot 39 was hiding. Once I hear what our plan of action is from Command, we’ll be able to plan our own next moves.

Bowers: Understood.

James didn’t like it, but who was he to voice those concerns even moreso than he had already done?

Farvor: That sounds wise, sir.

Aegam: From now on I want security not only at key positions on the ship, but spread out on every deck. Your task will not only be to keep an eye out for possible intruders. But also for your own crewmembers. Be there for each other. And when tensions rise, try to diffuse the situation without making it worse.

Dahlquist: Yes, Sir.

Bowers: Yes sir.

Farvor: Ready, sir.

James hated everything about the plan, but didn’t want to get scolded if he voiced even more concerns. The borg were some of the most dangerous in the galaxy. They needed to be really careful.

What did the others think of him? He always tried to be positive even in the darkest of times, and today was a very dark time. He knew that his overly ambitious attitude didn’t sit right with certain people aboard the Gorkon and Starfleet as a whole, but that was who he was.

Dahlquist: Would it be all right if I went round the ship with Bowers?

James' eyes were met with Dahlquist’s. James said nothing.

Aegam / Farvor: Response

After a few moments James spoke with a sigh slightly beforehand.

Bowers: I am fine with that, whatever you think is necessary Sir.

Dahlquist / Aegam / Farvor: Response

James was absolutely fine with that, he sensed tension and disdain for him throughout the air though.

Bowers: Which side are you wanting us to take Sir?

Dahlquist / Aegam / Farvor: Response

Bowers: Understood, ready when you are Ensign Dahlquist.

Dahlquist / Aegam / Farvor: Response

--
Lieutenant Junior Grade James Bowers
Security/Tactical Officer