Ensign Saralai - Upwards We Go

Aradia Megido

Jan 18, 2022, 3:36:31 PM1/18/22
to Gorkon
(( Main Shuttlebay - Deck 7 ))

Neathler: So what do you want to see first? Your quarters, Sickbay, or maybe you prefer a refreshment? ::Before they moved to leave the shuttle bay, Samira signed off the PADD that the pilot left on the crate, gave it to the Caitian and grabbed the crate in one hand. With a few long paces, she caught up with Saralai.:: Sorry about that, a special delivery for someone on board the ship.

Saralai: I was wondering! But it seemed rude to be nosy on my first day. ::She chuckled, slowing her walk a bit..:: But ah, I really would love to see Sickbay if that would be okay? I imagine I will be spending a lot of my time there, no?

Neathler: That depends on where the Admiral sends us, really. Most of the time, I imagine it’s pretty quiet. Although it can be swamped when we return after a mission.

Saralai gave the Commander another look, but this time her normally grinning expression was one of almost concern. They reached the turbolift only a moment later and stepped inside, but Saralai reached a hand out to give the Commander pause before she spoke the name of the deck she wished to take her to.

Saralai: Commander, perhaps I could acquire you an antigrav cart? I feel terrible for you hauling that big thing around like that. You could hurt your back, and while you are very dear already, I do not want you to be my first emergency patient..

Sara glanced over to the other woman with a bit of a surprised look as she chuckled, unsure if she was simply trying to save face from her asking if she wanted help, or if she was genuinely amused. Maybe the Human Commander was much more physically able than she gave her credit for? Humans were quite amazing like that, you never knew what you might be dealing with from one to the other. At least Edos were fairly consistent.

Neathler: Believe me, the crate is not heavy at all, just a little inconvenient in size ::She nodded to the PADD as she took a step forward, triggering the doors of the turbolift to open again and they made an exit on the same deck they came from.:: Now the PADD has some important information for new crew members. Deck layout, names of the crew, people you report to, the location of your quarters and other things you’ll need during your first days on the ship. Including some history of the ship and the favorite places where the crew hangs out and catch the latest gossip.

Saralai followed the Commander off the lift, even arguably a bit on her heels as they walked down the hallway. She took the PADD with a hitch of excitement, a quiet "Thank you" sounding off in response as she cued off the screensaver and began flipping through the different applications and information that the Commander was listing off just as quickly as she was looking through it. This would definitely be very beneficial.

Saralai: You speak to my heart Commander! Thank you for all of this, I was actually going to ask a lot of those questions on the walk to sickbay..but now I am left with little in the way of conversation starters! :She chuckled:

Sliding pink-painted nails across the glass of the PADD screen quickly, Saralai began looking intentionally for the names of the sickbay crew, but the movement of Neathlers' hands upwards to guide her towards one of the many doors down the hall caught her arguably flighty attention. Clicking the small button on the side of the device with a 'click', she locked the screen and pocketed it to look over later in the privacy of her new quarters.

Neathler: The office of the Counsellor is on the same deck as Sickbay. Lieutenant Corliss Fortune makes great peanut brittle… ::She paused, not that she frequently visited the counsellor herself.:: or so I’ve heard. Oh, and she has a huge collection of wigs. There're rumours she has a set of quarters just to store them.

Saralai: The Gorkon certainly has some interesting gossip. I was told in the Academy to watch my six because unsavory rumors can spread if you look or say something off...but an entire quarters of wigs~ ::She smiled, closing her eyes and shaking her head:: I like this ship and crew already!

(( Main Sickbay - Deck 7 ))

Walking through the main doors of Sickbay with a whisk of the sliding doors opening, Saralai looked around in awe at the beautiful layout. It was clean and smelled less like heavy-duty antiseptic and more like a pleasant clean. She'd been on a cadet cruise and even the holodeck simulations were fantastically real, but there was just a certain authenticity that resounded here as they passed by various nurses and other medical staff scurrying about. She was already quite smitten as she trailed an errant hand along one of the banisters nearby the biobeds.

Neathler: This is the Primary Sickbay, the Secondary Sickbay is on Deck 18. You’ll be working closely with Doctor Loxley, a Vulcan/Human hybrid. Lieutenant Tali Namura is the Acting Chief Medical Officer and runs the place. ::Samira frowned for a moment. Personally, she hadn’t encountered Tali that much but somehow she felt as if she should warn the Ensign.:: She can be somewhat eccentric at times, but don’t let that scare you. ::She looked around, the distinctive sounds of Sickbay ever present, before her gaze settled on Saralai again.:: What made you decide to take up a medical career?

Saralai: I have met so many people since leaving Rubicun III, I do not think there is anyone yet I have been nervous of. ::Not even Klingons:: The Edo people in comparison are just as variable and 'eccentric' as other species, I have little doubt I will make a positive acquaintance!

Neathler: Response

Saralai: Oh, as far as medical.. ::She gave a quick pause.:: I wish I had a better response than it just 'seemed natural'. I have always been told I have a sunny disposition and a good bedside manner. My people do not have very much disease or sickness, so jobs of a medical nature are quite low in demand. Starfleet however held a lot of sway on me for getting to see and explore new planets and places, learning a trade and applying it towards a lifelong career. We Edo are a very homogenous race, you see, we all look rather alike with no real diversity among us. So atop everything else, working with different races, ethnicities, and species, it sounded like an amazing chance to learn and explore!

Saralai realized she had been talking an awful lot about herself, her smile turning wry and her cheeks pink. She turned to Neathler and nodded her head towards the other woman politely.

Saralai: How about you Commander? Why did you choose Starfleet to spend your life? Why Tac-Sec?

Neathler:

Ensign Saralai
Medical Ensign
USS Gorkon