Lt. Gnaxac - This Is The End

Elliot Huxtable

Jan 23, 2023, 8:36:41 AM1/23/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Holodeck 2, USS Gorkon))

Gnaxac leaped at the critical point, his arms paddling the air like a desperate swimmer, trying to find something, anything, that he could grab ahold of. His fingers brushed against the Vulcan’s, but there was no sudden tug.

Oh by the Exchequer.

Was that the ground coming up to meet him?

Oh dear oh dear.

Not again.

And everything went black.

Well, black and yellow as the holodeck programme ground to a halt. A huge blaring sign appeared in the air proclaiming their failure, and wishing them better luck next time.

Gnaxac pulled himself to his feet, dusted himself off, and tried to smile, belying the fact that his heart was going faster than it had ever gone before.

Gnaxac: You m-m-missed…

The petite Vulcan pursed her lips, the angle between her eyebrows shrank, and a small wrinkle appeared between them, breaking the symmetry of her features. Gnaxac wasn’t certain what the feeling it was she was attempting to show, but it was definitely something.

Alieth: I have not missed, there must have been an error in the physics. A bug, for sure.

O.Marshall : Response

Alieth: Well, alright, but we can at least say that we have enough information to make a report. Without going into details at the moment I consider it positive. Tacky, but good.

Gnaxac beamed; tacky he could live with, good was high praise coming from a Vulcan.

Gnaxac: T-t-thanks! It’s supposed to be t-t-tacky, so I’ve achieved something there!

O.Marshall: Response

Alieth: Shall we try again next week?

Gnaxac: I m-m-might need a little longer to m-m-make the tweaks… Two?

O.Marshall: Response

Alieth: I suggest that is best to discuss over a cup of tea. In fact, Vorin has introduced me to a new blend in the Continuum that you ought to try.

Gnaxac made a bit of a face; which still involved a dozen more muscles than Alieth’s “bit of a face”. He didn’t like hot drinks very much, and in fact couldn’t understand anyone that did.

Gnaxac: Do they do cola?

O.Marshall: Response

Gnaxac animatedly made his way towards the door, interrogating the pair on their thoughts, feelings and impressions of the programme. He wanted to know from the Handsome Man whether, as a Ferengi, Gnaxac had encapsulated the human carnival in an appropriate way.

Lieutenant Gnaxac

Engineer

USS Gorkon

G239502GS0