Lieutenant Tasha MacFarlane - Raised Voices

thoyte99

Nov 19, 2020, 5:30:43 AM11/19/20
to USS Gorkon – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Engineering Lab Three, Iana Station))

PADD in one hand, tool in the other, complex machinery and a mug of steaming tea on the table before her. Life was good. They were ahead of schedule, which meant Tasha could take some time to catch up on some of her personal projects, of which there were many. According to the PADD, the disassembled injector before her was of Klingon make. Klingon tech was very interesting. Their design methods were...

sh'Shar: =/\= Mikali sh'Shar to Tasha MacFarlane! Tasha, Tasha, don't let them come take me away, I haven't saved the ship yet! I have a work shift today! =/\=

Her work was interrupted by the comm, and a very odd message from her latest ReachOut participant.

MacFarlane: =/\= I beg yer pardon? =/\=

Catscratch: =/\= Miss MacFarlane, Mikali is very sick! If you're nearby, we're having a medical emergency here and if you can help talk some sense into her I would very much appreciate it! =/\=

MacFarlane: =/\= I’ll be down momentarily. =/\=

sh'Shar: =/\= Eh, Wulfantine, I've had worse. Just a flesh wound! No, listen, I'm saving the ship, Doctor Velana will patch me up later, she doesn't know I'm pregnant yet and neither do I, the doctors on Earth are going to give me a new hand, don't worry about it! I just need to push on a little longer! Everyone is counting on me! =/\=

MacFarlane: =/\= Strike tha’, I’ll be down now. =/\=

Downing her tools Tasha tapped her commbadge.

MacFarlane: =/\= MacFarlane t’ transporter room, beam me t’ Mikali sh’Shar’s location. Put a medical team on standby t’ assist. I’ll see what th’ situation is. we may need their assistance in a moment. =/\=

Transporter Room: =/\= Lieutenant, a medical and a security team have just been dispatched to her location. =/\=

MacFarlane: =/\= Tell them t’ wait before interactin’ with sh’Shar. If I can talk some sense int’ ‘er this will go much more smoothly. =/\=

Transporter Room: =/\= As you wish Lieutenant, stand by...and good luck. =/\=

She sighed. The lovely tea and Klingon tech would have to wait for another time.

((Red Carrier Employee Domicile 14))

sh’Shar did not look alright. Tasha had known a few Andoirans, she knew they had a reputation for being tough, for working through illness. But even they had limits, and it looked as though sh’Shar was nearing hers. Wait, was that an eyepatch? Tasha sincerely hoped that was just some odd new fashion trend, and not a symptom of a bigger problem. She took a knee in front of the Andorian, looking up at her,

MacFarlane: sh’Shar, want t’ tell me what’s goin’ on?

sh'Shar: Don't make a fuss, okay? I'm... I'm good. I can still fly.

MacFarlane: No yeh can’t. Not until yeh ’ave proven yerself an’ seen Benna, remember?

Something cleared in sh’Shar’s expression. She lurched out of her chair and stumbled back to the wall, cowering against it. Something started leaking out from beneath the eyepatch and Tasha had to suppress her gag reflex. She had an awful feeling she knew what that was.

sh'Shar: Tasha! You have to stop them from taking me away! I can't abandon my post! Everyone's in danger and I have to save them! Evil people are coming, wicked copies of us all, and they're going to try and seize the ship... kill everyone! Get Wulfantine to the brig, he needs to contain the breakout before it's too late!

MacFarlane: Dunnae worry sh’Shar, security apprehended Wulfantine jus’ before I got ‘ere. They ‘ave th’ breakout contained.

sh’Shar: Response

MacFarlane: Take m’ ‘and sh’Shar, we’ll get medical t’ check yeh out an’ yeh’ll be back t’ work in no time.

sh’Shar: Response

If sh’Shar was remembering her time in Starfleet, perhaps familiar surroundings would help her. Tasha didn’t know the specifics of Mikali’s postings, but there were commonalities on all ships.

MacFarlane: ::To the nearby Caitian:: Tell th’ security folks t’ be ready an’ follow m’ lead. ::Turning back to sh’Shar, Tasha stood and took a deep breath::  MIKALI SH’SHAR! I 'AVE ‘AD ENOUGH O’ YER ANDORIAN BRAVADO AN’ STUBBORNNESS F’ ONE DAY. YEH WILL GO T’ MEDICAL OR I WILL ‘AVE SECURITY HAUL YEH DOWN THERE BY YER EARS, D’ YEH UNDERSTAND ME ENSIGN!!

Catscratch/sh’Shar: Response

-----
Lieutenant Tasha MacFarlane
Senior Engineering Officer