Ensign Vylaa zh'Tisav: Oh, The Horror

Andrew B

Jan 27, 2023, 1:55:17 PM1/27/23
to Gorkon IC
((Cyrithra Forest))

The talk by the fire had turned to family.  It made the tall Andorian both happy and a little bit sad.  She missed hers.  Subspace communications just wasn’t enough.

Gnaxac: I c-c-can’t imagine how that must feel. Will you v-v-visit them soon?

Vylaa  nodded in the affirmative.  Depending on transports, she’d either make it home or they would visit Palanon.  She did have one sister coming to the moon to work; in fact she would have to sneak away for a few hours to meet her at the port.  So at least she would have a bit of home nearby.  The sometimes annoying bit...

zh’Tisav: Whenever leave allows it.  It’ll be great to see them.  Not just them, but home too.  I haven’t seen the iron hills of L’Uvan in a good many months.  ::She sipped her drink again.  It was starting to cool, much more and it would become unpalatable.::  So, what does a Ferengi engineer do in his free time?  Play the stock markets?

Gnaxac: Oh, I spend a lot of t-t-time exploring the holodeck.

zh’Tisav: That sounds like fun.  Any particular theme of holostory, or does anything go?  Or are you one of those types who writes his own?

She personally enjoyed concert replays, but stories were also a fun distraction.  Apparently, she’d hit upon a favorite subject.  Her Ferengi companion was practically hopping in excitement.

Gnaxac: I write my own! My f-f-family’s f-f-fortune came from holodeck programming, so I g-g-grew up around it, although I d-d-don’t do any for the f-f-family business any more.

Vylaa was a bit jealous.  Not about the wealth bit, she personally couldn’t care less about the pursuit of money.  But of writing holoprograms.  She didn’t have the talent.  Or, lack of imagination maybe.

zh’Tisav: Wow, I wish I had the talent.  What type of stories?

Gnaxac: Mainly horror - I’ve b-b-been delving into the v-v-various cliches and tropes of scary Earth s-s-stories; setting them in old T-t-transylvanian castles, as well as circuses. If there are any And-d-dorian horror tales, let me know!

Horror was not exactly Vylaa’s cup of srjula.  She was the type who would not be able to sleep after such a story.  Or if she did, nightmares would ruin it.

zh’Tisav: I can’t think of any, but if I come across any I’ll pass them along.  Most of stories I know revolve around combat.

Gnaxac: response

zh’Tisav:  We are a fighty bunch. We especially like telling stories famous Ushaan-tor duels.  We even have public performances of them.  I probably wouldn’t turn those into horror stories, I don’t think they’d translate well.

Gnaxac: response

zh'Tisav: My favorite is the fight between Archer and Shran.  Have you heard it?

Gnaxac: response

Lt JG Vylaa zh'Tisav
Engineering Officer
USS Gorkon