Lieutenant Lephi: Getting Friendly In Engineering

1 view

Lieutenant Lephi

Jan 27, 2022, 2:30:13 AM1/27/22
to USS Gorkon
((Chief Engineer's Office, Deck 16, USS Gorkon))

The conversation was winding down naturally, and Lephi breathed a sigh of relief. The sooner this was over, the sooner she could get back to work, and the sooner the dog would be out of her office. The discussion ignited flames of curiosity inside of her that had been sorely lacking since arriving here, and she couldn't wait to tell Elizabeth about this new project. Though she would leave out the unwanted advances from the Vulcan.

Alieth: I will see you in twenty-three hours and fifty-three minutes, Lieutenant.

Lephi: I'm looking forward to it.

Alieth: I trust you like coffee, so I will bring you one. I reckon it is considered a courtesy between colleagues.

Coffee. She gave the Vulcan a side-eyed glance. The game had begun. Lephi's eye twitched as she considered the best way to reply.

Lephi: My very-soon-to-be wife has actually made me a big fan of jestral tea, rather than coffee.

Alieth: Dully noted. ::Raising her hand in the traditional greeting of her people:: Long life and Prosper, Lieutenant Lephi.

Lephi: Neep-gren (Thank you), Lieutenant Alieth.

Lephi had been watching Alieth depart, until she noticed that the canine's beady eyes were resting on her; piercing her soul. Before she could register what happened, she had toppled to the floor and Cheesecake was finally getting her chance to say hello.

Alieth: Cheesecake, stop!

But it was too late.

Lephi: ::Flatly:: I think she likes me.

Fin.