Lt. Commander Samira Neathler - Inventing a new workout

1 view

Samira Neathler

Sep 30, 2022, 2:39:57 PM9/30/22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Clearing - Floating City Island - Rogue Planet ))

After taking a break, when they discovered they had entered a different time zone, it was time to move on in order not to be discovered or captured. Opting to follow their original route, and see where it would take them. Only one or two minutes had passed when she heard some turmoil behind them. Shouting reached her ears. She spun around, seeing the locals had spotted them. The strange voices carried to them through the trees, as if the leaves and branches amplified the yelling. If they turned around, they’d have too much explaining to do, losing time they just didn’t have. The locals might even lock them up. She twirled on her heels and started running.

Neathler: Run.

She had barely spoken the single word when something hit her shoulder. Samira quickly looking aside, seeing a small rock that hit her now tumbling on the ground. What was it with this planet and rocks? As they ran, she avoided low branches as much as she could. When suddenly they reached the edge of the bubble. The trees they were running to, showing dull, red leaves with brown edges.

Stoyer:  Are we moving back to our normal timeline?

Tagren-Quinn: I– I don’t know.

None of them could tell until they crossed the bubble. They could go forward in time, backwards. Or maybe something else would happen.

zh’Tisav: I’ll take my chances on the other side. I am not being captured twice in one day.

They kept running, though hearing Vylaa’s words, Samira realized she never asked the Andorian what happened with the others. Someone had shot their shuttle down, she knew that much, but not who had captured them and how they got out.

zh’Tisav: Only problem is if we can cross, so can they.

They would have to take that risk.

Stoyer:  We have to ditch these guys.

Wasn’t that what they were trying to do? They reached the border of the bubble. The tall, green trees, making room for broken trees, and canopies less vibrant as the one they ran under now.

Tagren-Quinn: ::With ragged, desperate breaths.:: We’re nearing the bubble. We don’t have any choice but to break back through.

If there was a lack of animal sounds, the shouting picked up. Had she made the correct decision of running? It was too late now to turn around and face those people. Running, they crossed the border. Samira jogged further away, not noticing anything special as she trod on the dry, red grass. She slowed down a bit, and risked looking behind her, doing a quick headcount making sure everyone was still with them and they were still one team.

Stoyer:  Is there any place we can hide to lose these guys?

Neathler: Keep running.

And thus she did, hearing the others behind her, ducking to avoid a thick branch hanging low on a tree. Not seeing anything they could hide behind, except the trees themselves.

Stoyer:  XO, I think we may have lost them.

Samira didn’t respond, but slowed down some more. Focussing on the sounds around them, she no longer heard any shouting. She stopped and turned around. Taking deep breaths as she looked behind the others. The lush canopy from before had disappeared. Everything was as dull as could be, as if someone had forgotten to water this part of the planet. She looked up, spotting blue clouds between the branches above them. Did it rain on this planet?

zh’Tisav: response

Stoyer: I don’t hear anything behind us.  Not sure if they gave up or what.

Bryce reached for his tricorder.

Tagren-Quinn: Not detecting any lifesigns outside of our own. Not that we were picking up anything before but… not seeing anything visually.

Neathler: Maybe they were the smarter ones, not crossing bubbles and such.

zh’Tisav: response

Tagren-Quinn: I think– I think we’re back where we started. Our normal time. Yes. ::He looked around at the brown foliage, the surroundings, before…:: Wait a minute. Cory, would you be able to send me the map that you were able to construct while we were in the clearing?

While the two exchanged maps, Samira kept pacing around, still expecting someone to come running in their direction, demanding an explanation of what they were doing here.

zh’Tisav / Stoyer: Response

Tagren-Quinn: Our position… we’re still… still in the general vicinity, thankfully. However, when comparing where we just were to our original map, it looks like we crossed over this rough line. A… blinking fracture line. Not the larger space but this. There are fissures all along its roughly etched border. It’s like we walked this distance but had to travel through, well, ::A breathy laugh.:: two different time periods to do it.

zh’Tisav / Stoyer: Response

Samira frowned lightly at Bryce’s words. What was the man trying to say? They had to cross two time zones in order to reach the position they were at now? So what was next? As he resumed his explanation or theory, Samira stood next to him and looked at the PADD he was holding and the map on it.

Tagren-Quinn: Janoch had said that they could reach the fractures, but that they couldn’t venture into them.

Because they might end up in a different time, without the means of getting back to their original time zone, with the risk of losing everyone they knew. Maybe that was also the reasons, the people they had run from only a few moments ago hadn’t crossed the barrier.

Tagren-Quinn: He also said that when this planet travels, that it shields itself to protect herself, the people and that it can no longer do that. And that’s what caused the fractures, rips and tears in time –the ones I was sensing– and that we’d have to travel through one. Perhaps we’re meant to go back into that… temporal distortion, to fix it there or reach a point where we need to traverse through one to reach a point where they can’t presently to fix it. I mean, we passed a lake on our way here and the map…

Samira nodded. When Vylaa had asked about the location of the yellow lake earlier, her initial reaction was that they had found a lake like that on the first island. Or they needed to reach another one.

Tagren-Quinn: The odd sensation of no fauna - then or now. The perfect looking plants that are turning brown. The planet moves through space, with a shield. One that is broken, and we just experienced a distortion. Maybe…

If they reached a time zone with a working veil, it would be pointless of them fixing it. Which only left them with two options. She looked up from looking at Bryce’s tricorder as a sound in the distance caught her attention. An island floated further away. Rocks and boulders tumbling down in to the yellow waters under the islands. She stared at the phenomenon for a while.

Neathler: If… ::She paused.:: It’s as if that island is dying. Losing its composition and strength, and the loose components tumbling in the sea.

How could they be certain they were in their original time frame? Looking at that island, they could have moved further into time. Them being the witness of the planet’s future and disintegration.

zh’Tisav / Stoyer: Response

Why couldn’t things be simple? Her gaze shifted to the map.

Neathler: They also mentioned something under water, although the damage was on the surface.

Stoyer / Tagren-Quinn / zh’Tisav: Response

She pointed towards something on the map. The large dot in a lighter colour in the middle of the map or the open space, with the fractures and fissures around them.

Neathler: That should be our destination. ::But in which direction was it?:: We need to get to higher ground. If it’s a lake, it should stand out.

Stoyer / Tagren-Quinn / zh’Tisav: Response

They should have taken the shuttle. Although if she understood Bryce’s explanation, they might have flown over the bubble and never reached their current position.

Neathler: Which means another hike. ::She paused for a moment.:: Unless we climb one of the trees or … the closest building, might be somewhat safer.

Stoyer / Tagren-Quinn / zh’Tisav: Response

---
Executive Officer
USS Gorkon
G239508SN0