[A1-MF] LtCmdr Tristam Core, "No-hoper." (Tags: DeVeau, Mei'konda, Yal'Sethir'Anth)

Deliera Jay

Jun 17, 2015, 12:03:17 AM6/17/15
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Lots and lots of dark))

::Tristam didn't know with how many volts of electricity he was hit with, but he knew it damn well *hurt*. His hand completely let go of the metal strip, and it remained jammed in the emitter. He stumbled backwards away from Shandres, back on the floor. There was a commotion in front of him of some sort (hopefully Shandres taking care of their Va Wreth friend), otherwise his brain was malfunctioning somehow. To be honest, everything that was going on right now was just confusing him. He momentarily forgot how to breathe, but with a groan, he forced himself to breathe out. And in. And then out again.::

::He was happy, however, when he realized that his plan had worked. The field was down, the Va Wreth having gone through a disappearing act, and they now had an escape route.::

Shandres: Tristam? You okay?

Core: 'M fine.

::Well, aside from his heart resetting, his head throbbing, and every nerve in his body flaring in a not-pleasant way, yes. He was fine.

::It'll pass, he kept telling himself. Ride through it. He'll be fine in a few minutes. He'd been through worse. Mei'konda was *going* through worse. This was nothing compared to whatever hell the Caitian was having to deal with right now.::

Shandres: Good…. I need you out here.

oO Get up. Oo

::He did so, carefully pushing himself up off the ground. He swayed, but was steadied after for a few seconds, but he was back in engineering mode. The arch of the field emitter was sparking, protesting the metal strips presence, and illuminating the area only slightly.::

::So the brig was attached to a control room. Small mercies.::

::His next words were stumbled, but were as clear as he could make them. He'd had to skip small words, taking too long to form with his mouth, and instead tried to stick to the point.::

Core: Va Wreth system follow any logic, forcefield failure puts out security alert. *Not much time*.

::He could have sworn he heard Shandres mutter something, but Tristam'd been too busy pushing back the newly forming migraine to really concentrate on what he'd said. He did, however, catch the words that were spoken more clearly.::

Shandres: DeVeau, see if your commbadge works. Tristam… Commander, do what you can to make sure that signal gets out.

DeVeau: Right.

oO Wait, gets out, or not gets out? Oo

oO What? Oo

::Whatever. He'd do *something* with the signal-

::Wait. No tricorder, no consoles - that he could see. How exactly was he supposed to do this again?::

DeVeau: ::Sighing:: No dice.

::He had to raise his hand and point out the obvious.::

Core: Uh . . . blind, here.

::He set off towards the blackest part of the room anyway. When his hands pressed against a wall, the Rodulan turned around, looking for shadows cast by their new lighting situation. There. A console on the right side of the room.

::And it was operated by, not lights, but nub things for the Va Wreth to feel.

::Tristam sighed. This was going to be hard. Not only did he lack the extra arms to really use this terminal, but he couldn't read his own peoples blind language, let alone the Va Wreth's.::

Shandres: I’d really, really would like to go to station medical please. ::beat:: You’re not going to try and stop us, are you?

::Oh. So the Va Wreth *was* still conscious.::

Va Wreth: ::whimpers:: Nooooo…

Shandres:: Good girl.

::Yeah. This console was a lost cause. He gave a huff, now giving in to that migraine, and felt his legs give way. His brain had been knocked, rattled and shocked, and it was time to take a break now. As much as he didn't want to shut down, he was.::

DeVeau: We...

::His hearing may not have been all that good compared to the likes of Mei'konda, but he knew a horde of people when he heard one. The doors shoomed open, the room feeling awfully crowded. There was a scuttle up ahead of him, and he was glad that he was now back on the ground - his sense of balance was failing, and he'd momentarily forgotten which way was up. The floor had helped provide direction . . . sort of.::

Yal’Sethir’Anth: The aliens are not to be harmed!

::Isn't that a little late now that Ki had a Va Wreth in his hands?::

Yal’Sethir’Anth: Find something that will radiate. ::She snapped, before moving towards the two former captives on the ground. One she knew.:: Alora, trader turned Starfleet. I am Yal’Sethir’Anth. We met at the soiree. The rebels are being nullified.

DeVeau: Yes, I remember. I was…

::Alora was interrupted when a light suddenly shone - better than that of the sparks on the field. So . . . they weren't kidnapped anymore? Well, at least, they weren't in any real danger anymore?::

oO Can I go home now? Oo

Yal’Sethir’Anth: I imagine they intended you as hostages. We will return you to the station momentarily. Are you missing any of your party?

DeVeau: No, but Mei’konda’s sick, we need to get him to a doctor, quickly.

Shandres:  Not to mention Commander Core has taken a dangerously high energy surge.

oO I'm fine. Just need rest. Lots and lots of rest. Oo

::He had to fight with himself to stay conscious. Every muscle in his body was exhausted - his brain, as rattled, beaten and electrified as it was, was failing him. "Stay awake" was the phrase that had been repeated over and over. He could do that - stay conscious until they got to Sickbay. Then he could deal with the fall out.::

DeVeau: It’s pretty bad, he couldn’t move. We need someone now.

Shandres: We need immediate transport to the station Medical Section.

oO You mean go *back* to the station we got nabbed off of? Oo

Yal’Sethir’Anth: Response?

DeVeau: Thank you.

Yal’Sethir’Anth: Response?

::And with that, their team started to leave the area. Tristam hoisted himself up without much difficulty, but taking a step had been a different thing entirely. It was an odd thing, going from saying he was fine to them having to immediately back track and with "nope, I'm not fine". He'd had put his arm around someone's shoulders, an extra support to stop his legs from giving way. It was then that he realized that he was actually shaking. *Shaking*.

oO Definitely never leaving Engineering ever again. Oo

((Astrofori 1 Medical Department: Emergency Care))

::He was thankful when he'd managed to get through the doors of a medical facility. It wasn't the Garuda, but familiar faces meant that he'd fine - eventually. He'd interrupted Lara Knight, who just happens to pop up out of nowhere at the oddest of times, in the middle of her scowling at him.::

Core: Not today, Lara.

::Tristam'd been lowered onto a bed without any hassle and submitted to whatever potential horrors she and the rest of the medical team had for him. They didn't need to patch him up this time, which was probably wasn't as much as a godsend as he'd hoped it'd be. He'd been given explicit instructions to not sleep - not yet. It was a disappointment, but he could take the bed over sleep. Right now, they were running some sort of test for brain functions or whatever - Tristam wasn't wholly interested right now, but he complied to whatever they asked. The shaking stopped, which was a plus.

::Another plus was that he was kept relatively close to his team mates - with the understandable exception of Mei'konda.::

Shandres: Are you all right?

DeVeau: Response?

::The Rodulan's hands were over his eyes. For the first time in a long time, he had an actual migraine. And it was just affecting back of the left side of his head. Blocking out the light was helping - only a little - but he would have appreciated something to push the horrific pain and nausea away.::

::And then he felt a hand on his shoulder. He didn't need to risk opening his eyes to work out who that was - only one person had tended to do that over the last few hours. Shandres.::

Shandres: You’ll be okay.

::A weight on his shoulders had lifts when he'd heard those words, but he wasn't sure why. For the first time since they'd met, Tristam was actually glad Ki was around. He may not like him entirely, but it was good to have someone actually physically capable of getting them out of a violent situation. Ki Shandres had a good head on his shoulder.::

Core: 'M sorry.

oO For everything. Artist, I'm a no-hoper. We wouldn't have gotten out of there if it wasn't for you and before all that I'd was a complete ass. And there's nothing I can do to even try to say this to you because Artist forbid that I have use of word formation skills. Oo

::He had to give a huff. There was nothing he could say. Not anymore. This was it. This was the downfall. It'd rapidly gotten worse and it was going to get to the point where he couldn't utter a single word without difficulty. But his shoulder gained another squeeze, and the hand disappeared.::

::He wanted to go back to his quarters now. He'll deal with the questions about the reports later. Kells can order him off duty when he met with him next - no doubt the medical staff here would send a report that would detail the medical hiccups they'd come up against when working with his team. But he was quickly running out of energy to care.::

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Tristam Core
Chief Engineer
USS Garuda