[DSX] Lt. DeVeau & [PNPC] Lt. (j.g.) Knight: Something Special Part 2 (No Tags)

Amanda Nordstrom

Dec 9, 2014, 8:18:07 PM12/9/14
to garuda
((DSX - Commquad))

::Movement in the mirror caused her to turn as Knight stepped out in her
first dress.::

DeVeau: Oh that’s pretty! I found another one you should try too.

::Adrien rose and motioned for Knight to come closer.::

::Lara raised a dark eyebrow in his direction, but did as he asked. The
dress was of a shimmering metallic material that fit snugly over her
body, flaring at the hips to swirl just below her knees. A diamond shape
was cut out from the front to expose a view of mother nature’s good work::

Adrien: To get a proper appreciation, I must view this from all angles.
If you would spin slowly for me.

::Lara’s other eyebrow joined it’s twin, but she slowly spun around the
skirt drifting around her legs like a silver cloud. The back of the
dress had a matching diamond shape that exposed more tanned skin.::

::Nice. Very nice. Her backside was as pleasant to look at as her front.
Adrien nodded.::

Adrien: Not bad.

::Alora smacked him on the arm again.::

Lara: ::smirked:: You really should stop hitting him. ::she looked at
herself critically in the mirror.:: No… no… this won’t do at all.

::Lara flounced back to the dressing room to try on the dress that Alora
had picked out. She couldn’t help but laugh as she changed into the gold
piped ivory dress. She looked in the mirror and then stepped out.::

::Alora was smacking Adrien for something else he said as Lara returned
once more to flourish the new dress. She spun around, the sleeves
billowing out like wings. The soft fabric and the elegant style made her
look delicate and ethereal despite her coloring::

Knight: What do you think?

Alora: Oh it’s gorgeous! I think you should go for that one.

Adrien: Not bad. Not bad. I think I like what’s in the dress better than
the dress itself.

::That time, Alora kicked him.::

Knight: ::Abruptly she stopped and choked back a laugh as she looked at
Adrien. Then she looked at Alora.:: I suppose you didn’t tell him I’m
half Betazoid? Because what he’s thinking….

Adrien: Really? Well then…

Deveau: Adrien!

::Another kick did little to deter the imagery that came to Adrien’s
mind and his grin sprouted even further in the wake of her mock fury.
Her friend didn’t seem to mind. Lara strolled back to the dressing room
struggling to hold back her laughter. As a half Betazoid she tended to
sense emotions, not actual thoughts, but some emotions did not need
translating:

DeVeau: Good grief.

Adrien: Hey, she’s hot. I can’t help myself.

DeVeau: No, you can, you just don’t want to.

::Alora loved her brother but he was rather bold with his intentions,
particularly toward women. Actually, he was pretty much bold in every
aspect. Adrien had never had any inhibition in expressing himself and
when his parents tried to exert authority, he’d just taken himself out
of the equation. They loved him too, but his long disappearances
concerned them - and Alora.::

DeVeau: I don’t want you freaking her out.

::Adrien snorted and jabbed his thumb toward the changing rooms.::

Adrien: She didn’t look too freaked to me.

DeVeau: Seriously...are you going to be here long? How long do I have to
put up with this?

::Her tongue made its second debut for his benefit, but she jerked back
as he reached out to try and grab it.::

Adrien: Forever.

DeVeau: Yeah right. You? Settle down? I’ll believe it when I see it.

::His expression dimmed a bit and he took his seat again.::

Adrien: Seriously, Lore, now that I know you’re here I might actually
stick around a while. I haven’t seen you in ages.

::Alora shifted to study another dress, this one in a pale, spring green
with similar golden embroidery. She gathered some of the material in her
hand and slid her fingers over it.::

DeVeau: That wasn’t my fault.

Adrien: I know.

::An uncomfortable silence descended, broken by Lara’s reappearance,
which perked Adrien back up - and Alora as well.::

::This time Lara came out in a red dress. It was more like a sleeveless
sheath that caressed and hugged her body from mid chest to midthigh. As
she turned around for the benefit of her friend and her friend’s
brother, the back of the dress dipped low making one wonder how the
dress was staying in place without glue.::

Knight: Too much?

Adrien: No way. You look great.

::Alora glanced at her brother and shook her head.::

Knight: ::looking in the mirror twisting artistically to get a look at
the details:: Maybe not… I look like a high priced pleasure worker,

Adrien: Nah, you don’t.

Knight: ::glancing at the two. She couldn’t help picking up the tension
between them:: If you two need to be alone to talk…?

::It was Adrien’s turn to glance at his sister. After a moment, he stood
up and shrugged.::

Adrien: I’ve got some stuff I have to take care of anyway - but, Alora,
I’ll take you out to dinner tonight?

::That she at least agreed to with a nod and a slight smile. Adrien
allowed himself a good, long look at Lara and whistled.::

Adrien: Damn.

::It was all he stated about how the dress looked on her before he
turned and sauntered off. Alora’s eyes rolled up into her head, then
back down and she rose.::

DeVeau: Honestly, I _love_ the ivory on you. You look fantastic in it.

::Lara watched Adrien leave and then turn back to Alora.::

Knight: Do you think so? I don’t know. I need to stand out.

DeVeau: No, I’m serious, it’s like it was made for you or something. You
should get that one.

Knight: ::nibbles her bottom lip:: Let me try it on again.

::With that Lara returned to the dressing room and tried the ivory dress
again. She stepped out and looked in the mirror, a slight frown
furrowing her brow::

DeVeau: What’s wrong?

::Lara didn’t look like she particularly cared for the dress, no matter
how wonderful Alora thought t was.::

Knight: I need to make a statement. I’m going to find a party and… and…
I’m going to be noticed. And I’m going to matter to someone.

DeVeau: Oh. So you think you need a dress to stand out?

::Alora drew up and stood just behind Lara and slightly to the side so
her reflection could be seen as well.::

DeVeau: Someone special you plan on meeting?

Knight: ::she considered her reflection:: I got dumped. I’m trying to
raise my spirits.

DeVeau: Oh.

::Alora’s face shifted into one of sympathy. She hadn’t been dumped, but
she could imagine what it might be like, to like someone - or even love
someone - and have that rejected.::

DeVeau: I’m sorry. Regardless, I think this dress makes you look
ethereal. Guys won’t be able to keep their eyes off of you.

::Adrien couldn’t, but then again, he couldn’t keep his eyes off of any
female.::

Knight: ::looks over her shoulder at Alora:: That makes me sound
untouchable. ::she shook her head::

DeVeau: No. It makes you sound like someone they’d die to have.

Knight: ::laughs:: They die, I’m alone. I don’t think that’s a good
metaphor.

::It was Alora’s turn to shake her head and she placed a gentle hand on
each shoulder.::

DeVeau: Honestly, that’s the kind of guy you should go for. The guy
who’s willing to do what it takes to get you - not because you’re
beautiful, which you are, but because he thinks you are so wonderful
that you’re worth it. The kind of guy that values you as a person and
will choose to love even when he doesn’t feel like it or you don’t give
him a reason to. That’s not the kind of guy who’s going to dump you.

Knight: ::smiles ironically:: Someone who will defend me against others?

DeVeau: That’s part of the job description.

::It was the sort of guy that Alora envisioned - a guy very much like
her father. She’d yet to find one who was like that and interested in
her, but she had time.::

DeVeau: Don’t settle for less.

::She looked back her reflection. She couldn’t help but think of Msafiri
and with that it still felt like a knife in her heart. The dress swirled
around her the gold sparkling around her.::

Knight: Do you think I’m over doing this?

DeVeau: I don’t think there’s anything wrong in wanting to look pretty -
but don’t feel like you have to look good to get someone worthwhile.

::Lara stared at the reflection that showed the two of them. In a sense
the dress made her look more vulnerable than she was used to. Maybe it
was time to take better care of herself.::

Knight: All right. I’ll take it. ::she smiled at her friend.: Since
you’ve got plans tonight, how about you be my wingman tomorrow night?

DeVeau: You bet!

::Lara returned to the dressing room and changed back into her casual
shirt and pants. She looked again at her reflection, her mouth firming.
She came out and carried the dress to the cashier. She ignored the
price, not even wincing at the cost in her determination to buy the dress.::

[PNPC] Lt. (j.g.) Lara Knight

Head Nurse

USS Garuda

&