[G] Giant Greenery - "Vines In Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace" (Reynolds, Delano, Facon, Egan Manno)

Amanda Nordstrom

Dec 30, 2014, 9:41:37 PM12/30/14
to Garuda
OOC I didn’t want to lose any sims so kind of combined a couple of
things here.

Also, I hope what I did was okay. If not, feel free to thwap me and I’ll
sim a correction.

IC:

(Garuda, Turbolift)

Egan Manno: =/\= Egan Manno to Reynolds.

Reynolds: =/\= ?

Egan Manno: =/\= Captain, please meet me outside the Bodhisattva's
quarters. I'll explain more when we arrive.

Reynolds: =/\= ?

Delano:
What are we expecting to find, Captain? Do you think they’ve been
affected by this… whatever it is? Or do you think they’re the cause?

Egan Manno: ?

Delano:
They’re a very.. unusual life form. Mei’konda and I probably have a
better understanding of them than most, if only because of our
telepathic contact with them, but I don't think that helps very much.
The one consolation is that they're as confused by us as we are of them.

Egan Manno: ?

Falcon: =/\= Falcon to Egan Manno. =/\=

Egan Manno: =/\= Response? =/\=

Falcon: =/\= Captain, I’m up on the bridge. We’re running a full
internal sensor sweep to determine the extent of the problem, and
working on possible containment solutions. We’re still orbiting the
nebula at this time, though have a course laid in to double our distance
from the nebula, see if that has any effect. =/\=

Egan Manno: =/\= Response? =/\=

::The effect was already well underway. While some plants were slower to
respond than others, most had enlarged to gigantic proportions. A
particularly variety seemed to have crept throughout the ship - a vine
with triangular leaves had begun to work its way throughout the ship. As
the evening wore on and other plants continued to grow, it wound its way
into corridors, service vents, and any nook and cranny it could slip
into. As the turbolift halted on the requested floor, the doors refused
to open.::

::A groan echoed through the turbolift, a sound originating outside. It
repeated itself, then slowly the doors finally parted grinding as if in
pain. The corridor they were presented with was completely covered in
vines. Although hints of the ship’s shiny interior glinted in small
pockets, a network of green cross crossed all over the walls, ceiling,
and even the floor.::

RESPONSE?

::The greenery did not fade even as they continued - rather, it grew
more dense. Light dimmed and shadows surrounded. Behind them, another
groan and the sound of metal crunching echoed through the hall - the
turbolift doors crushed and the lift itself taken over by the menacing
greenery.::

::Within the depths of those shadows, something moved, a rustling of
leaves and a creak of woody tendrils as they stretched about. A vine
then lashed out to whip around the Captain’s ankles and drag her to the
floor.::

RESPONSE?

Creepy Vines

as simmed by