Commodore Kalianna Nicholotti - Go.

Marissa Jeffrey

Jan 1, 2023, 2:11:06 PM1/1/23
to USS Excalibur-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Conference Room, USS Excalibur - A))

With the senior staff or other stand-in representatives present, Kali wasted no time in getting things started. Looking out into the small group assembled, she knew each of them could see the determination in her face. This was a mission like no other, and a briefing to fit it.

Nicholotti: As all of you have probably heard by now, Commander MacKenzie and Lieutenant Dakora are missing.

She allowed for the standard noise that followed such an announcement, mostly the sound of shuffling around as the emotions made their way around the room. Tapping some commands on the table, a holographic projection of the footage Rainier had sent her appeared and looped as it had when she first saw it in her office.

Nicholotti: This is the only information we have on their whereabouts. We know they are together. We know they took this ship from impound. We know which direction the ship went. After that, we know nothing.

Allowing the footage to loop again a few times, she tapped the table and it faded, leaving the faces of her staff looking back at her.

Nicholotti: We are already underway in the direction they were last headed. I'm going to need all hands on deck here if we are going to find them, and I want everyone to voice their ideas. In the meantime...

Now she would hand out the basic assignments.

Nicholotti: Commander Adea will be serving as acting first officer, covering all necessities involved in that. Please loop him in on anything moving forward. Ensign Jones will be manning sickbay in his absence. Ensign, be prepared for what we find. We don't know their condition.

Adea/Jones: Responses?

With a nod, she continued.

Nicholotti: Lieutenant Seta, I need your expertise in trying to figure out just where they went, and why. Ensign Jones and Ensign Jovenan can assist and between the three of you, I hope we can narrow down the search.

Seta/Jones/Jovenan: Responses?

That was the big part. Finding where to look would be the most problematic aspect of all of this. And then there was everything else of course.

Nicholotti: Lieutenant Yellir, I'll need you and Ensign Dulhart on point to make sure the remnants of the virus are gone, and that we are safe and able to get as much out of the Excalibur as possible. The situation is fluid and we do not know what to expect, but we want to make sure it is not locked airlocks when we need to get inside.

Yellir/Dulhart: Response?

Nicholotti: I am sending Lieutenant Silveira with you because there is a very real possibility that we will see a firefight and I want us prepared.

Yellir/Dulhart/Silveira: Responses?

Psychological profiles, ship readiness, and now...to disect what they had. She turned her attention to the remaining officers.

Nicholotti: We don't have much information, but we have some. I'm going to hand it over to you, Ensign Kijana, to analyze as much as you can. Let's see if it tells us anything at all. Lieutenant Daniels and Ensign Bean will assist.

Kijana/Daniels/Bean: Responses?

Kali nodded. Was that all of the bases covered? She certainly hoped so. Though she was sure there would be questions, she was not going to hold them all there until they came. The officers knew where she and her acting XO were for answers as needed.

Nicholotti: We're already underway and our path takes us somewhere close to the station K7. I need to know asap if that is where we should keep heading, if we should stop there, or what else we should look at. Time is ticking and lives are on the line.

She stood now, as if to cast the air of urgency on them all.

Nicholotti: Go.

TAG/TBC

--
Commodore Kalianna Nicholotti