Ens Hiro Jones - When the Ice Cracks

notyourfrog

Dec 6, 2022, 10:06:15 AM12/6/22
to USS Excalibur-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((CMO’s Office, Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Excalibur-A))

Jones: Extraordinary circumstances? Colour me intrigued ... get it? ::a grin spreading across his face:: Colour? Because ultraviolet light?

The CMO's gaze made Hiro's guts go icy. Hiro thought maybe he'd said something unintentionally in bad taste.

Adea: Are you okay?

Jones: ::flustered:: I'm sorry, Doctor ... Commander ... sir - Genkos. My dad has the worst sense of humour in the quadrant. I fear I may have inherited it.

Hiro's new boss stared unblinkingly, making it difficult to maintain the tenuous semblance of composure he hoped he was presenting.

Adea: Hmm… I believe we can inoculate you against that now - if you’d like. ::he grinned:: I am only messing with you Ensign, you can relax.

 When hot water is poured over ice, there is a cracking sound as the frozen water yields too quickly to melt uniformly. Hiro was pretty sure his stomach just made a similar sound.

Jones: ::trying desperately to regain his footing:: But your work with prosthetics - that's fascinating. I had a friend back at Southend Station who had two prosthetic legs and one eye. She swore the eye was why she was always a better shot than me, but I'm not sure.

Adea: Well there are benefits to having prosthetics sometimes; I knew an officer on the Resolution who had a prosthetic eye, although he didn’t help him to see when he stepped out of line…

 There was more to that story, but Hiro, having only just been pulled out of the last hole he'd dug, decided to not dig another by pursuing. He of all people knew what it was to have elements of the past best left there.

Jones: We are, at the end of the day, still responsible for our own choices.

Adea: And I myself have a fun little party trick with mine. ::Genkos pressed the little emergency button on the side, which jetted out a spring loaded sword into his hands:: I don’t get to use it very often, but if I ever get kidnapped again, they’ll have to get through this. ::he folded the blade back up and put in back in his leg::

Jones: ::eyebrows raised in surprise:: Not to mention this adds extra incentive for your patients to follow doctor's orders?

Adea: Response

Jones: Well, you'll get no argument from me.

Adea: Response

Jones: Well, I should probably schedule my onboarding physical for sometime soon. I'm pretty sure everything's all where it should be, but you know ... most rules are there for a reason.

Adea: Response

Tag/TBC?

Ensign Hiro Jones, MD
USS Excalibur-A, Medical
E239510KD0
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius