Ens Hiro Jones - Medically Average is Good

notyourfrog

Dec 8, 2022, 9:10:59 AM12/8/22
to USS Excalibur-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((CMO’s Office, Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Excalibur-A))

Adea: Especially not as armed as I am… Well, ::he opened his tricorder and walked round to the front of the desk:: is there anything I should know before I scan you?

Jones: ::with a perfectly-straight face:: I have three nipples, my heart's on the wrong side, I broke my left tibia when I was 22, but never had it set so it's a bit wonky, and I have a genetic mutation that gives me exceptional night vision.

Dr. Adea froze mid-action, and it took a fair amount of restrain for Hiro not to laugh at just how well his stupid joke had landed.

Adea: A unique specimen of humanity, then?

Jones: No, none of it's true. I'm an exceedingly average human, assigned male at birth.

So with a smile, Genkos began the medical scan. Hiro sat perfectly still, trying to be a good patient.

Adea: Nothing wrong with being average; some of my best friends are average.

Jones: I'm more than happy to be average, as long as the average is good.

They continued the examination in silence for the next couple minutes, until the Doctor Commander pronounced:

Adea: A clean bill of health. ::he snapped the tricorder shut with a snap:: Seems your health is exceedingly average.

Jones: Happy to hear it. Thanks, Doc.

Adea: ::replacing the tricorder:: I dub thee fit for duty. I see that you’ve still got some time until your first duty shift; go and get settled in and I’ll see you then. Dismissed.

Jones: Thanks again. I'll see you shortly. I'm looking forward to working with you.

And with that, Hiro exited sickbay. This was going to be a really good job.

End

Ensign Hiro Jones, MD
USS Excalibur-A, Medical
E239510KD0
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius