Lt. Commander Yogan Yalu — Between two Trills

Yogan Yalu

Feb 19, 2023, 12:39:44 PM2/19/23
to USS Excalibur-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

(( Docking Ring, Deep Space 224 ))

Most of Yogan’s belongings were in containers waiting to be transported from his old quarters on the station to his new home on Artemis. It was a pretty straightforward operation. Since he’d only just transferred a few months ago, there wasn’t much time to accumulate a houseful of crap.

However, there were a few personal items he wanted to carry over himself, so he meandered down the corridor of the docking ring with a box under each arm. As he approached the docking gangway, he caught sight of one of his countrymen going in the same direction. Yogan familiarized himself with Artemis’ crew manifest, but the quick turnaround time of the transfer was shorter than his ability to memorize 350 names and faces.

He closed the distance between himself and his fellow Trill, trying to recall his name.

Yalu: oO Kela Pax? Phela Mrax? Rytela Shax? Oo

Just as Yogan approached the ensign shoulder to shoulder, the name came to him.

Yalu: Beautiful day for a ship launch, wouldn’t you say, Ensign Kag?

Kag: response

Yalu: I’m joining the crew of Artemis, too. She's a fine ship and I happen to know that she's got one of the best captains in the fleet.

Yogan glanced down at the containers he carried under each arm. Unable to shift his grip without dropping them, he simply chuckled.

Yalu: I’d shake your hand but I’d drop my stuff. I’m Lieutenant Commander Yogan Yalu, your strategic operations officer.

Kag: response

Yalu: It’s nice to meet you. Fresh out of the Academy? How was your final exam?

Kag: response

Tag / TBC

Lieutenant Commander Yogan Yalu
Second Officer & Strategic Operations Officer
USS Artemis NCC-81287
D238804DS0