Ens Hiro Jones - I Hope the Safeties Were Kept On.

notyourfrog

Feb 13, 2023, 11:02:21 AM2/13/23
to USS Excalibur-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

(( Holodeck 3, Deck 222, Deep Space 224 ))

Hiro received an open message the day before, inviting them to an optional training exercise in one of DS-224's massive holodecks. Not only did Hiro love holodecks (and he'd heard the larger ones on the base were quite advanced), they never passed up an opportunity to hone skills that could one day prove vital. So today, at precisely 1225, Hiro stood outside the doors to holodeck 3, engaging in small talk with the others waiting.

Lieutenant Commander Yogan Yalu, an officer Hiro hadn't met personally, but had heard great things about, strode up to the knot of officers five minutes later.

Yalu: ::nods to everyone in turn:: Greetings, all.

Jones: ::nodding:: Afternoon, sir.

Adea / Jovenan / Any: response

Yalu: I appreciate you signing up for this training, and for making the trip over to the station for it.

He took a beat before diving into the exercise briefing in earnest, but when he did, there was no mistaking his tone. This would be ... challenging.

Yalu: This afternoon, we are going to drill an experience I hope you never have to deal with in your Starfleet career. ::beat:: But if you do, you’ll want to be prepared. Let’s head on in.

Adea / Jovenan / Any: response

Hiro stepped through the archway into a relatively familiar scene. It was a sickbay, but a much larger one than that which the Excalibur boasted. If this training was going to be set in sickbay, Hiro was doubly-glad he had opted in. This was pertinent training anyway, and if the last mission was any indicator, being prepared for the unpredictable could prove invaluable.

Yalu: We are in the main sickbay of a Galaxy-class starship, and the captain has just given the order to head for the lifeboats. In just a moment, the simulation will begin. We will have five minutes to evacuate Sickbay before the ship is destroyed. ::beat:: This is the point where I’d normally ask if anyone has questions, but seeing as this is an emergency drill, I think it’s best if we just start.

Hiro had opened his mouth to ask a question, but on hearing there would be no additional preparation before jumping in with both feet, he clamped it shut again, instead looking around the room in order to assess available assets.

Yalu: Computer, begin simulation.

Hiro noticed two things at once as the program initiated and the deck plating shook and rattled beneath them: 1. the beds were over-crowded 2. experiments hadn't been secured against turbulence, and were now compromised. He didn't know what the experiments had been, but procedure stated any unknown substance that broke containment should be considered a risk until otherwise proved.

Yalu: ::points to injured:: Looks like we’ve got a lot of hurt people here. ::points to science experiments:: And potential for contamination there. What are you going to do first?

Jones: ::looking to the CMO:: Haul and contain? Your orders, sir?

Not wanting to waste any time, Hiro stepped toward a workstation, hoping the systems hadn't been fried and setting up a containment field would be a matter of a few keystrokes. Even before Genkos could respond, another beaker hit the floor and shattered. A noxious blue smoke began rising from the mess.

Jovenan / Any: response

Adea: response

Tag/TBC

Ensign Hiro Jones, MD
USS Excalibur-A, Medical
E239510KD0
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius