Ensign Jovenan – And they walked into the sunset

Jovenan

Dec 16, 2022, 7:26:03 AM12/16/22
to USS Excalibur-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Airlock, Deep Space 224))

Jones: Medical kit. NOW!

Jones: You did amazing, Kijana. Do you have any injuries?

Kijana: No. I believe I'm alright. :: She patted herself down quick, although she wasn't entirely sure why. ::

Jones: Great. Give me a hand here with Jovenan? It looked like she took a pretty hard knock.

Kijana: I'll work on the suit...

Jovenan was lying on a floor. She heard the other ensigns talking and going right into action. She was too shocked at first to understand what they had said and what was the situation, but the alertness in their voice convinced Jovenan to try and get a hold of what was happening around her. She tried to get to an upright position and rush to their aid, but her arms could not hold her. Instead, she soon noticed Ensign Jones by her, scanning something.

Jones: Minor concussion, moderate sub-dermal contusions to the rib cage, I'm not seeing any sign of significant physical damage. Jovenan, hold still until I've completed my scan, please. How are you feeling? Can I take off your helmet for you?

They had made it inside? She looked around a bit. They were indeed in some unknown room, all of them. They had made it inside and they were alive! Kijana’s trick had worked, she and the rest of the team had managed to control their unplanned flight trajectory just enough to get them all through the gate and now Ensign Jones was looking after them.

Jovenan: Ugh… I’m going to be so sore for a few days, but I’ll live. A bit shocked. Thanks.

Kijana: Already there... :: She slid the locking ring on the helmet, taking it off gently, and at the same time moving the collar clamp and front opening of the suit out of the way. ::

As Jones and Kijana went on to help Commander Niac, Jovenan slowly lifted herself from the floor and walked to them. Her chest ached and her head felt mildly dizzy, but after a while she could operate almost as if nothing had happened. It would be wise to get a further check at a sickbay, just to be sure, but it seemed she had survived with nothing but bruises. She had managed to break her EVA suit, though. Explaining what had happened to the quartermaster might prove to be tricky.

Niac: No..more...spacewalks...

Jones: How you feeling, Commander? Just sit there for a minute. Your head's going to feel a little fuzzy for a bit after the hypoxia. It'll clear though.

Niac: ...it's...the people next to you...that get you home...

Kijana: Need to keep that edgy wit about the bridge, don't go losing that on me now...

Niac: Takes a lot more than that to slow me down, Ensign.  ::Karrod glanced back to the outer airlock door and his compromised helmet on the deck nearby::...well, maybe not too much more.  Well done, people.  Might be the first time anybody gets writen up for a citation during an EVA certification exam.

Kijana: And it wasn't just me, or you, or the others... we all just kept ourselves out of the muck just then. A couple of good eggs we have here.

Jovenan smiled as it was clear the whole team had made it to the other side without severe injuries. They had indeed been a brave bunch.

Niac: =/\= Commander Niac to 224 Ops.  Advise the Excalibur to immediately suspend any and all EVA activity until further notice. =/\=

Niac: I don't know about you three but I've developed one hell of a thirst during our little sojourn.  Anyone who wants to join me is welcome at the stations watering hole, a spot called 'Molly Malone's.'   Bartender keeps a few bottles of the good stuff set aside for me and I'd like to open one...or three of them with you folks.

Jovenan: ::jovially:: Sure. Anything, as long there’s air and gravity, please.

Jones/Kijana: Responses

Niac:  I promise, air will be provided free of charge.  Helmets not required.

Jovenan: Then show us the way, sir.

Jones/Kijana: Responses

TAG/End for Jovenan
----