[BELOW] Mirrin Luriin - Scuffed Shipment

Ryan Fender

Dec 14, 2021, 10:07:52 AM12/14/21
to sb118-e...@googlegroups.com

((The Round Table, USS Excalibur-A))

The Round Table, as expected — was a baron, baron place this time of day. The odd officer would come and go for lunch or a quick snack, but that was usually it. Nothing much fun ever happened this time of day, nothing noteworthy to Mirrin at least. But, that didn’t mean there wasn’t work to do. Slouching over the bar, the Romulan was clad in a blue satin robe filing down her nails as a hulking figure of a human lugged a large crate of clinking bottles onto the polished countertop. There was a noticeable drag and squeak against the recently cleaned and polished metal, causing Mirrin to wince and glare at the man with a sour glance.

Luriin: Do be careful, it isn’t like I just cleaned that particular spot, Gerik

There was an eye roll from Gerik. As his grip loosened there was a distinct *clink* of glass on glass, and suddenly Mirrin’s attention was occupied by perhaps something that actually was noteworthy.

Gerik stood away and gestured to the large metal crate, giving a knowing glance followed by a gruff grin to Mirrin.

Luriin: ::discarding the nail file:: All that for little ol’ me? Gerik, darling, you absolutely shouldn’t have!

Standing next to Mirrin, Gerik wasn’t that impressive, but then again who was? He wore a plain and simple mix of travellers clothes, baggy pants tucked into a scuffed pair of boots and a vest with a loose-fitting white shirt underneath. But the two had a strong working relationship. Today marked the delivery of a fun little shipment of truly authentic distilled alcohol. None of that synthetic replicated garbage.

Gerik shot Mirrin a wink as she pried open the crate. Quite literally tossing the lid aside, she ran her hands over the visible necks of the bottles, grazing her palms over the smooth caps and giggling to herself. A great many of these were unfamiliar to her.

Luriin: Do we have a shipping manifest? Or do we just have to pick and try one and hope it doesn’t taste like a leather boot? ::turning to Gerik::

 Out of nowhere, he handed Mirrin a PADD, there was a noticeable hum of intrigue as she grabbed the device out of his hand. She scrolled through several options, with drinks she’d most certainly heard of before, but some definitely caught her eye. Such as the human drink known as “whisky”. Flavour descriptors, unfortunately, weren’t present. So they were flying blind. Which meant they needed to give a few of these drinks a ‘shot’ or two.

Pulling out the bottle of whiskey, Gerik moved to a nearby cabinet.

Gerik: Shot glasses, I’m assumin’?

Luriin: Oh absolutely, just let me…

Mirrin unscrewed the top of the bottle, but… there was this pungent aroma that assaulted her nostrils. She yanked the bottle as far from her body as possible and marched towards a nearby sink.

Gerik: ::looking at Mirrin:: The hell are you doin’?

Before he could even react, the bottle was turned upside down, gurgling out it’s contents into the fluid abyss that was the bar’s sink. Gerik’s eyes were wide in shock, as if watching years of hard work be drained away in mere moments.

Luriin: I’m not serving this… discharge in my bar, if the officers want to drink something like this, they can put their mouths to a waste pipe for all I care.

As Gerik was about to say something, the blonde simply raised a finger and shook her head.

Luriin: I don’t care what you spent on it, you should’ve known better. If anyone is getting wasted here, it’s going to be in style and with a drink that tastes like they’re gagging on a botanical garden.

Gerik: But— you don’t just— why would you just pour it down the sink?!

She looked at him as if he were speaking a whole other language.

Luriin: …because I don’t want it? ::Mirrin spoke as if the answer was obvious, but it only seemed to frustrate the man even further:: Besides, he’s my contact, I’m certain we could arrange for a little… refund? ::winking::

Gerik: He’s never gonna give us the money back for a few bottles of booze, ya’ know? He even said he’s got a strict no returns policy.

Luriin: It’s all right, he and I go way back, I’m certain he’s shot at me at least once before. Meaning, I probably have some blackmail on him from back in the day.

Fin

Mirrin Luriin

Bartender

USS Excalibur-A