Ensign Jovenan – Did I do something?

Jovenan

Jan 12, 2023, 2:40:32 PM1/12/23
to USS Excalibur-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Counselling Suite, Sickbay, USS Excalibur - A))

Jovenan: =/\= E- Ensign Jovenan to the bridge =/\=

Nicholotti: =/\= Go ahead, Ensign. What do you have?=/\=

Jovenan: =/\= Commodore, Lieutenant Seta, Ensign Jones and I have been analysing the material we have, the course and specifications of the Daisy, the equipment the missing officers had and other things. We believe the K-7 to be the likeliest destination, but there’s strong indication of contact to an outside party. They are more likely to be meeting with somebody there or rendezvousing with another vessel. With their travel time, they might not be there anymore. =/\=

Nicholotti: =/\= Motivations? =/\=

Jovenan: =/\= We have hypothesised of relation to the previous mission, but without evidence it’s difficult to tell who’s to other party. Uh… We found something else, too. Commander MacKenzie and Lieutenant Dakora met not long before their departure in a pub on DS229. On security footage, we can see them reading what seems like a transmission the Commander had received, probably just before their meeting. It seems that it was that transmission that triggered them to leave the ship. We have passed our data to Lieutenant Daniels and his team if they can find out more about the transmission. We can't do much about that on our own. =/\=

Nicholotti: =/\= Well, you've done great getting us this far, Ensign. Thank you. =/\=

Jovenan: =/\= Ensign Jones is preparing the sickbay. Do you have orders for Lieutenant Seta or me… or the rest of the science department, sir? =/\=

Nicholotti: =/\= Detailed analysis of the surrounding space. I want to know everything about everything. =/\=

The discussion ended there. Getting to do something that’s in her own department was great. She got to do scientific research during the last mission, too, but it was something that wasn’t really in her core expertise. Astronomy? Much better. Jovenan turned to Seta.

Seta: Okay then. ::she nodded:: Ensign Jovenan, grab Ensign Kawarda and get to it. ::pause:: Please.

oO Oh no, she’s mad at me Oo

The Counsellor was clearly upset. This was far from her area, but she could lend a hand, like in the med lab. But now to think of it, she didn’t appear to be too keen to be there and left rapidly as soon as Doctor Adea had come to babysit Jovenan.

oO She must hate me Oo

Jovenan: Are y… Er… Aye, Lieutenant. I should probably go to the astrometrics.

Seta: Perfect.

Jovenan hesitated for a second but turned and started leaving the counselling suite. Before leaving the room, she considered apologizing. But for what? Should she had pressed the Captain for an order specific to her? Had she neglected to report the Captain of something Seta had discovered?

Jovenan: ::turning before exiting:: Se- See you, sir ::leaves::

((Corridor, Deck 7, USS Excalibur-A))

Jovenan left the counselling suite and the sickbay and found herself from the corridor. While walking, she tapped her combadge.

Jovenan: =/\= Ensign Jovenan to Ensign Kawarda =/\=

Just as Lieutenant Seta had ordered, Ensign Kawarda seemed like the right person to contact to. She had briefly talked to him before the Captain's briefing, and from what she understood, he would probably be in the astrometrics or in one of the laboratories on deck 10.

Kawarda: =/\= Response =/\=

Jovenan: =/\= I’d need you in astrometrics. Are you near there? =/\=

Kawarda: =/\= Response =/\=

Jovenan: =/\= Great. Could you start scanning the area around us, especially between us and the K-7, please? We’re looking for an old Maquis Raider, but signs of other vessels passing or really anything atypical would do. =/\=

Kawarda: =/\= Response =/\=

Jovanan: =/\= Great, thank you! I’m right there! Jovenan out. =/\=

She disconnected the commlink and stepped into the turbolift nearest to the counselling suite.

((Turbolift, USS Excalibur-A))

Jovenan: Deck 10.

The turbolift started descending with its massive speed. The Astrometrics was on deck 10, so she would meet Kawarda there. She was already trying to plan the optimal sensor specifications for their task. The Captain’s voice broke her concentration.

Nicholotti: =/\= Bridge to Ensign Jovenan.=/\=

Jovenan: ::to the computer:: Halt turbolift.

Jovenan: =/\= Jovenan here, Commodore. =/\=

Nicholotti: =/\= Come to the bridge. We need some science assistance in unlocking the Azure nebula's hidden secrets. =/\=

Jovenan: =/\= On my way, sir. =/\=

Jovenan: ::to the computer:: Bridge.

The new task by the Captain was unexpected. She’d better inform Ensign Kawarda of the changes to the plan and ask him to conduct the scan on his own.

Jovenan: =/\= Jovenan to Kawarda. I need to go to the bridge, could you… ::commlink interrupted by explosion:: =/\=

She didn’t manage to finish her sentence as the sudden shock rocked the turbolift, accompanied by a loud noise. She lost her balance and hit her back to the turbolift wall before falling to the floor. The turbolift lights flashed as she held her head.

oO What was that? Oo

As soon as she got back up from the floor, she realised she could not hear the turbolift moving to any direction anymore. It had stopped due to the sudden shake.

Jovenan: Bridge.

Nothing happened.

Jovenan: Computer, bridge!

The machine she was enclosed in remained immobile. Refusing the orders of a superior is insubordination, which is a crime. On Rubicun III, the lift would have been executed.

Jovenan: =/\= Kawarda, can you still hear me? =/\=

Nothing.

Jovenan: =/\= Ensign Jovenan to the bridge. =/\=

The combadge was as silent and immobile as the turbolift. It, too, was an insurgent.

Jovenan: =/\= Anybody? =/\=

((OOC: continuing from here later after seeing which direction you all go))

TAG/TBC
----
Ensign Jovenan
Science officer