Ensign Dar Elandra: A dinner to remember

Donalee Botha

Apr 18, 2020, 5:32:35 AM4/18/20
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Dar Residence - Duronis II Embassy))

Dar had a lot of things to shrug off her shoulders now as she stood on the small balcony of her residence looking out over the ocean. The smell of the fresh sea breeze and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach and rocks below lead to an almost cathartic session. She held a cup of semi-warm Jumja tea now in her hand forgoing the usual coffee. She could hear scuffling and shuffling behind her as Kalib was finishing up getting dressed for there dinner date at the Parkers.

She wasn't sure how he was taking the news of them moving to a Starship after all she had promised him that not much would change when she returned to Starfleet and now...a lot was changing and in a matter of hours and days at that. Sighing drinking more of the tea, it helped her relax to have a taste of home, a smell. Closing her eyes for a moment her mind wandered to Gabriel, wondering where he was, what he was doing.

Kalib: I'm ready.

She nearly dropped the cup of tea as the sound of her son's voice broke her quiet meditative moment. Turning around startled she chuckled seeing the amused expressed on his face.

Kalib: What had you so caught in thought?

Dar shook her head as she moved to usher him inside.

Dar: Don't you worry about what's on your mother's mind, come we're running late as it is.

Kalib: Sorry I couldn't find my shoes.

As they made their way to the door, she had chosen to wear a plain pair of slacks and a loose white top with a slightly low neckline and a long silver necklace with a black obsidian pendant attached.

Dar: Story of your life?

She chuckled as they left and made their way towards the Parkers.

(( Fortress Parker ))

Taking a slight deep breathe she pressed the chime and waited. Giving Kalib a glance and a wink as she could feel her own nerves trying to get the better of her.

The door opened to the face of a woman, smiling.

Allison: Welcome to the soon to be former Fortress Parker...

Dar could only offer a slight smile and a raised brow as she could not help in agreeing to the statement quietly.

Elandra: Thank you, Dar Elandra and this is my son Kalib.

Kamela looked at the young man and spoke...

Allison: Nice to meet you, Kalib...

Kalib: Pleasure to meet you, Ma'am.

The two younger boys spoke up...

Ryland: I'm Ryland!

Bolt: response

Dar watched as did Kamela with amusement as the young boys quickly became acquainted with one another.

Kalib: I am Kalib I just arrvied here.

Ryland was never the shy one, and he spoke up quickly, grabbing Kalib by the hand...

Ryland: Wanna see our starships?

Bolt: response

Kalib: Can I?

Dar couldn't help but chuckle and nodded.

Elandra: Go ahead we would just bore you anyways.

She watched as Kalib was dragged off in the direction the boys were leading him, a smile on his face which made her happy to see. She looked back to Kamela as she spoke.

Allison: Certainly you know Admiral Turner, Colonel Rode Mitchell, and Captains Martinez and Hella...

Turner: Hey Dar!  It's been quite a while, but great to see you again!

Mitchell/Hella:

Elandra: A Pleasure to see you again Admiral. :: She offered the Admiral a smile. She couldn't help but wonder how she was handling all of this.

Allison: Coming out of the kitchen is our caretaker, Naloor...

Naloor: Welcome to our home, Elandra...

Elandra: Thank you Naloor. Is that Hasperat I am smelling.

Dar gave a quizzical amused looked at Allison and Naloor

Naloor: Yes. It was made fresh. Fresh hasperat will be difficult to have onboard a starship...

Elandra: You are telling me, might have to see about starting a hydroponics garden somewhere on the ship. Would be lovely to have fresh vegetables...even earth ones.

Kamela wanted to make Dar feel at ease, wanting to let her know that despite the past her husband and Dar shared, there was no animosity. Kamela whispered in her ear...

Allison: My husband has excellent taste...

Dar could feel her cheeks suddenly flush slightly as she glanced slightly out the corner of her eye to Allison and then smiled, a little nervously.

Elandra: Thank you...I guess.

Allison: Come, have a seat among us...

Not one to argue or let a little awkwardness deter from a good evening Dar followed as she heard the door chime ring.

The the door chime rang once again, this time with Kamela excusing herself once again to answer the door. Opening it saw the arrival of one Second Lieutenant Wes Greaves. With a smile, Kamela spoke...

Allison: Come on in, and welcome...

Greaves: Thank you, ma’am.  I don’t think we’ve met yet; Wes Greaves.

Kamela watched as Wes looked at all the weapons displayed on the walls around the den...

Greaves:  :: looking around the entryway:: You’ve got a lovely home. . .

Allison: Glad you like them, Wes. Hannibal has collected them over the past few years...I'm sure you know everyone?

Dar recognised Greaves and watched as he closed the space between himself and the Admiral and offered her a handshake.

Greaves: Admiral, nice to finally meet you other than from the opposite end of a briefing room.

Turner: Response?

Greaves:  And it’s good to see some fellow Marines in attendance as well. :: Nodding toward Hella and Mitchell:: Ma’am, sir.  Nice to see you again.  : Turning to the Bajoran woman:: Dar, good to see you again as well.

Wes smiled back toward Kamela.

Greaves:  And something smells… delicious

!Allison: That would be the combined aromas of steak, fajitas, and hasperat.

Elandra: Smells delicious. I can't wait to eat.

She turned to Greaves and offered him her own hand.

Elandra: A pleasure to see you again.

Greaves: response

Gesturing towards the door near the front door, Kamela spoke...

Allison: He shouldn't be much longer I wouldn't think...

Mitchell/Greaves/Hella/Turner/Elandra: response

Martinez: He does like to be thorough you know...

Just then, the hatch opened to reveal her husband, sporting a smile and a hello to everyone as he spoke...

Parker: Good evening all...

Elandra: Evening Major

Mitchell/Greaves/Hella/Turner:

Parker: Well, we aren't going to be melancholy this evening. there is plenty of food and real liquor, so let's enjoy the time we have left.

Turner/Hella: response

Naloor: Here, here...

Dar gave Naloor a smile and nod as she raised her own glass.

Elandra: Agreed.

TBC/TAG

Ensign Dar Elandra

Security Officer