JP: Greaves, Alieth, Sirok - JP: Vulcan (and a Greaves) gossip - Part 4

Sirok

Apr 18, 2020, 1:13:40 PM4/18/20
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - Duronis II Embassy

((Grand Ballroom - Federation Embassy in Til’ahn))

Wes scanned the room again, looking for someone he actually had met more than in passing.  As fortune would have it, Ensign Elandra Dar strolled into the ballroom at precisly that moment in a long ballgown.

Greaves: Ah, here’s someone we’ve all made an acquaintance with.  :Nodding in the Bajoran’s direction:: Ensign Dar is here. I was at Fortress Parker last night for dinner with her and the Parkers among others.  There were some weird vibes with those three. It’s like there’s something unspoken going on there. Am I crazy, or have you all noticed that as well?

Sirok: I only know Ensign Dar from the JOPA meeting. I do not have enough data to comment on that. :: His robotic response was accompanied at the end by another sip into his glass of juice.

Alieth: I fixed her leg and the subsequent check-ups. As I recall, Major Parker rushed to invite her to consume breakfast as soon as she left the medical facility. Certainly that haste may point to a closer relationship between them than might be expected.

Alieth cocked her head before looking at the Marine.

Alieth: I understand that in circumstances where the probabilities are uncertain, you humans have the habit of betting about that incertitude. My bet is that they have a relationship.

The doctor curled one of the corners of her mouth gently, content to have exposed her knowledge of human customs.

Greaves: :shaking his head: Nah, I don’t know.  She’s been out of starfleet so long, but she served here way back when.  I’d bet that if there’s anything there, it’s from a past incident.

Alieth: uhm… What is your opinion in this matter, Sirok?

Sirok: I just know she has a son. We had to adjust the replicator security clearance in her quarters for a civilian minor.

The voice of his fellow Vulcan reminded her of a line the engineer had dropped earlier that had initially gone unnoticed.

Alieth: You mentioned earlier that Pandorn has been transferred to Security. Then... Who is your new superior officer?

Sirok: None so far.

Greaves:  So that means you’re the big man on deck! Congratulations Sirok!  Sounds like you guys are short staffed downstairs if you’re the last officer standing.

Sirok: I think the captain simply has not communicated what to do about it. But the staff is sufficient and working at a good pace. The party may slow us down a bit, but we will be ready for the appointed time. :: As a good Vulcan, he could not be grateful or proud. That was the closest thing to expressing either of those feelings.

Wes sipped at his drink again, this time managing to get the beverage down without choking on laughter from a stray Vulcan comment.  It seemed to be happening frequently whenever he was around the pair. The cool burn of the scotch was pleasant.

Greaves:  Well if you ever need help, let me know.  I’m no starship engineer, but I was a combat engineer when I was enlisted for nine years.  I’m familiar with the more run of the mill systems, and I’m a force to be reckoned with when it comes to force field manipulation and transporter coils.

Sirok: If necessary, I know I can count on your help, Lieutenant. ::Again, the closest thing he could express to gratitude.
JP Written By:

2nd Lieutenant Wes Greaves

Marine Officer

USS Thor NCC-82607