JP: Ambassador Toni Turner and Major Hannibal Tiberious Parker, " Saying Goodbye to a friend."

KENNETH COTTON

Apr 21, 2020, 6:45:44 PM4/21/20
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - Duronis II Embassy

(( Garden Cemetery - Duronis II Embassy ))

As the twin suns sank towards the horizon, casting long shadows upon the garden, five Starfleet officers made their way to the small but well kept cemetary in the garden. On their last night on Duronis, they came to honor a fallen friend...Captain Tallis Rhul.

Hannibal had not come here often, but he kept a weather eye on the plot, and he knew the grounds keepers kept the site spotless, the polished black granite headstone with the gold engraving of his name. Above it, was the Starfleet delta. Below his name was the inscription: HE GAVE HIS LIFE IN DEFENSE OF THE LAUDEAN PEOPLE IN THE BEST OF STARFLEET TRADITION. Stopping before it, Hannibal felt the hand of Kamela wrapped around his arm. Admiral Turner led the way, followed by Hannibal and Kamela, with Stephanie Parker and Hella behind them. They fanned out to stand side by side at the gravesite, and for a moment, nothing was said,the only noise was that of the nearby ocean and the caw of a local bird. Toni was the first to speak...

Turner: He would be proud now that Laudeans will be going into the UFoP.  It's what he fought for . . . gave his life for. . . And now he will always be with them and a part of their rich history.

She laid roses on his headstone, then looked up at Hannibal.

Turner: I didn't have time to tell him he was going to be a father. If he had known do you think he would have been proud of Breeanna?

Allison: No doubt he would be Admiral...

Parker: What makes you think he doesn't already know how special his daughter is?

Stephanie: And just what would Breanna think of her father?

Hella: And she would be proud of him too.

Parker: No doubt of that. I got a feeling the Prophets made sure he could look in on his daughter...and her mother.

Turner:  I have to believe that too. She has his expressions, although    they look nothing alike.

Allison: From one mother to another, I only hope I can do as good a job with Ryland as you have with your children...and you too, Hella.

Turner: You have, both of you have.

Hella: Thanks, that means a lot.

Turner: :: laughing:: Rhul loved that about  you, Hannibal. You use to crack him with your deadpan delivery of the truth of your feelings.

Hannibal slightly nodded. Whether he or Rhul were either friend or foe, there was never a doubt about how Hannibal felt about things

Parker: response

Turner: I think it's best that we go celebrate his life. He lives on in Breeanna, our hearts, and those of the Laudeans that witnessed his valor, and always will.

(( End Scene ))

Rear Admiral Toni Turner
Ambassador
USS Thor NCC-82607