Major Hannibal Tiberious Parker, " Fortress Food and Fun."

2 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

KENNETH COTTON

ungelesen,
19.04.2020, 10:38:3219.04.20
an UFOP: StarBase 118 - Duronis II Embassy
(( Fortress Parker ))

Down in his personal armory, Hannibal had time to really think about the changes taking place, and he din't like them one bit. True, it was up to Starfleet to assign him where ever they chose to do so, but to not allow the crew to see the Laudeans through their admission into the Federation was leaving a bad taste in his mouth. They had done the heavy lifting, and it would have been only fitting for them to finish the job. Unfortunately Starfleet did not see things that way. From what Chang had told him, things accelerated on the admission front after the Red Star incident, the Federation and Starfleet realizing just how badly they needed to establish a permanent presence in this sector of space. What those negotiations entailed, Chang didn't know, but most likely the Federation wanted to stand down the forces and personnel which had caused the most damage to their nearest combatants...the Romulans and Zalkonians, as a signal to the admittance of Til'ahn into the Federation. It was a clear signal that the Federation was here to stay, and that the Laudean people were now firmly under the Federation umbrella. In laymans' terms, their services here were no longer needed.

It was indeed a bitter pill to swallow, and the upheaval was more than considerable. He still hadn't talked to Captain Kells yet, but Hannibal was not going to seek him out...the Captain was going to have to find him, either before they left or once they were en route to the Menthar Corridor. Having accepted the transfer order, that conversation was coming, sooner or later...

Coming through the hatch, Hannibal saw that everyone was there, and the festivities had begun in earnest.

Parker: Good evening all...

Turner: Speak of the Devil. . .

Greaves/Elandra: response

Parker: Well, we aren't going to be melancholy this evening. there is plenty of food and real liquor, so let's enjoy the time we have left.

Turner: That's for sure.

Hella: Cheers! I'm for that!

Naloor: Here, here...

Kamela had given Hannibal a shot of his favorite whiskey as he passed the now cleaned within an inch of its life Glock to Admiral Turner...

Parker: She's all ready for you again, Admiral...

Turner: response

Parker: Hopefully we'll get a chance to do it again elsewhere...

Hella: response

Naloor: If not on duty, perhaps back on Earth. You have one thousand acres at your disposal Hannibal...

Parker: True. And Toni, well all of you, should we get to Earth, have an open invitation.

Martinez: You know everyone will hold you to that...

Greaves/Elandra/Turner/Hella: response

Once the dinner was served, Hannibal with his traditional massive steak, Martinez with fajitas, Kamela choosing a much smaller steak for herself. Dar dug into the hasperat with a vengeance, much to the satisfaction of Naloor and Hannibal...

Elandra: response

Naloor: Well thank you Dar. I've learned a few things in three hundred years...

Elandra: response

Naloor: Yes...I am El Aurian.

Elandra: response

Greaves spoke...

Greaves: response

Allison: Yes...unfortunately, there will be little opportunity for fresh food on a starship...

Parker: The Thor does have a galley, and we can store about two months worth of fresh food on the Marine deck. After than, everything will be replicated, unless we get to a starbase and can resupply.

Greaves: response

Parker: I always believe that if you take care of your people, your people will take care of you...and themselves. And yes, there will be plenty of coffee.

Turner/Hella: response

They all knew how important coffee was to the operation of a starship, and especially to Security and Marine personnel. The night went on, the group talking about what the transfer meant to them all, and the plans Hannibal and Kamela had. It would be tough to go to space without the children, but they didn't exactly know what they were heading for. With the night growing late, everyone excused themselves. Tomorrow was going to be a long day, and a bittersweet one...his last PT session with the battalion. Turning in, Hannibals mind still churned. Tomorrow was coming, and he would greet it head on...

(( End Scene ))

Major Hannibal Tiberious Parker

Commanding Officer

Marine CO