Flt. Capt. Kells: Shutting the night down

Tony Colella

Apr 19, 2020, 2:00:40 PM4/19/20
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - Duronis II Embassy
OOC: This will be my last post on this list, and I'll be jumping over to post our first mission sims on the Thor list after I've posted this one.

(( Ballroom, Embassy Grounds, Duronis II ))

Kells: They certainly are, but maybe this one even more than most. Starfleet saw fit to assign the Thor, after all.

Teller:  It still amazes me how much reach the QSD gives us.  When Doctor MacKenzie and I were posted in the Shoals, ships couldn't exceed warp five. It was a bit like living in the early NX days of Starfleet.  Now I'm going to have the chance to cross the Federation in a few days.  Really makes me wonder what's next for us.

Pandorn: Response

Dar: Evening. :: she chuckled. :: apologies I didn't realise I was interrupting senior staff members.

Brell: Dar Elandra, back in Starfleet? It has been a long long time.

Aron followed Brell's response and realized who this must be: Ensign Dar of security, a Bajoran who had served for years in the past and ultimately attained the rank of lieutenant commander. She would be valuable addition to the crew.

Kells: Pleased to meet you, Ensign Dar.

Dar: response

Teller: ::smiling::  Guess it's true what they say, it's a small Federation.

Pandorn: response

Brell: We were both stationed here in what is now another time. Under Rocar as part of the old embassy’s staff.

Dar: response

Aron stood stock still for a shocked moment. He hadn't put two and two together -- he remembered Dar's service record, but not where it had led. But again, as Brell's reminder worked some magic, Aron recalled that she had been chief of security for this very establishment over a decade ago.

Kells: We're very lucky to have you back, then.

Dar: response

Evans: =/\= Doctor MacKenzie, please report to the Medical Center immediately. =/\=

Doctor MacKenzie offered a short bow to the gathered officers.

MacKenzie: Duty calls - I’ll see you all in the morning.

And though only MacKenzie had left, her absence led to a slow exodus from the room. The time was late anyway, and after MacKenzie, Aron saw guests peeling away -- singly, in pairs, or in small groups. He planned to stay as late as he could, to make himself available to anyone who wanted to talk in a setting in which there were fewer people, but even he had his limits, after a few more hours.

After all, he would be shipping out on the Thor as its captain the next day.

As he left the ballroom, he couldn't -- and didn't want to -- conceal the huge grin on his face.

END

---
Fleet Captain Aron Kells
Commanding Officer
USS Thor
V238208LV0
&
SB118 Captains Council Magistrate (so ask me anything!)