Lt. Brandon Craig - A Lost Friend

1 view

mark.proa1

Jul 15, 2016, 3:20:25 PM7/15/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Doyle-A

(( Brandon’s Quarters, Deck 3, USS Doyle-A ))

:: Brandon sat in his soft cushioned chair that rested next to his sofa reading the latest Starfleet medical Journal. The thing that shore leaves allowed for was for him to catch up on the new breakthroughs and techniques that could be used to save a member of the crew, with all of the happenings pertaining to the last two leaves, it was no wonder that he had fell behind with his readings. Taking a sip of his warm coffee, Brandon nestled back into his seat again and began to focus on the words showing across the PADD just as his combadge sounded. ::

Tonston: =/\= Counselor Tonston to Dr. Craig. =/\=

Craig: =/\= Craig here. =/\=

Tonston: =/\= I need you to come to my office. As soon as you can.=/\=

:: Brandon smiled as he placed the PADD down onto his the coffee table in front of him. He was puzzled at why Michelle would need to see him. She was only going in to finish a few reports and one appointment of which neither would require a medical doctor. No matter what it was, he was pleased that he would get to see her today even it was for a medical situation.  ::

Craig: =/\= On my way. =/\=

:: Standing, Brandon took the last bit of his coffee into his mouth and briefly savored the taste before he swallowed it and headed out of his quarters and down to sickbay. ::

(( Sickbay, Deck 5, USS Doyle-A ))

:: Brandon walked through the parting doors and entered into main sickbay as he headed straight for Mellie’s office. After nodding to a the duty nurse, he made his way to the counselor’s office door and quickly entered as he saw Michelle standing in front of her desk talking to a young woman dressed in a starfleet uniform. ::

Craig: I’m sorry. I am interrupting. :: Brandon grinned as he met Mellie’s gaze. ::  I can come back later.

Tonston: ?

Craig: :: Giving a questioned look. :: OK. How can I help you Ms……

:: As the woman stood and faced him, his mind raced as memories flooded his mind. Brandon made a lot of friends at the academy, but only two had become like family to him. Alison was one of those two and while he figured that he would probably never see her again after the academy. Here she was. ::

Craig: Alison…….? :: Brandon paused briefly. :: Alison Stanford?

Stanford: Hi Brandon.

:: Alison walked over and threw her arms around him giving him a small hug before she pulled away and stood in front of him. ::

Craig: It’s been a long time Ali. How have you been?

Stanford: I’ve been well. :: Alison nodded before she threw her fist and made solid contact with Brandon’s shoulder. :: You would have known that if you would have taken to the time to contact me, JERK!!

:: Taken back slightly, Brandon looked at Ali and then at Michelle who was now leaning against her desk with an amused look on her face. Brandon had felt guilty for awhile now about not contacting Ali, but with everything that had gone on with missions and his relationships, he had truely forgotten. ::

Craig: Ali, I…. :: Brandon stuttered for a moment trying to find the right words. :: I’m sorry….really I am.

Stanford: I know. I am just kidding with you. I see you have been doing pretty well yourself. :: Alison stated with a smile as she released him and looked at the pips on his collar and then back at Mellie. ::

Craig: :: Moving to Tonston and taking her hand. :: I have been. I see you have met my girlfriend.

Stanford: I have. :: Ali nodded. ::

Tonston: ?

Craig: Don't take this the wrong way, but what are you doing here on the Doyle?

Stanford: I have been assigned to SB 285 as the CSO and when “I” went to send you a message, I found that you were assigned to Doyle, so I figured I would look “ you “ up. :: Ali giggled. ::

Tonston: ?

Craig: Hey that's a great idea. How about we all go to Baker Street and have a drink?

Tonston: ?

Stanford: Aww. I was hoping to get to know you better.

Tonston:?

Craig: I understand. :: Brandon leaned in and kissed Mellie. :: If your plans change you know where I will be.

Tonston:?

:: With a quick nod, Brandon and Alison walked out of the office and through the parting doors leaving Michelle to close shop and head to her own meeting. ::

(( Baker Street Irregulars, USS Doyle-A ))

:: Brandon and Alison walked into the ship's lounge and quickly found a small table and had a seat. Before they could start talking, one of the lounges waitresses stopped and smiled at them. ::

Craig: :: Looking up. :: Mia Tia please.

Stanford: Um….Something fruity….. :: Ali laughed. :: How about a Mojito

:: With a quick nod, the young woman grinned and left to get their drinks. Ali turned back to Brandon and smiled as she leaned closer to Brandon. ::

Stanford: So. I want to know everything you have been up since you left the Academy.

OOC: If anyone wants to join Brandon and Alison, please feel free to drop in and have a seat at the table. The more the merrier.

Lt. J.G. Alison Stanford

Chief Science Officer

SB 285

written by