Lt.Cmdr. Sabrina Holly - Why are we here?

Guinevere Gardener

Jul 14, 2016, 4:30:10 PM7/14/16
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Multi-Use Office, Deck One, USS Doyle))

:: Sabrina walked up to the office and rang the chime on the door. Office meetings didn’t always go well for her, hopefully he wasn’t about to tell her she had massively messed up and was about to lose everything she worked for. Thugh this time Sabrina wasn’t sure why she would get a lecture that bad she hadn’t done anything wrong since she stepped down as XO. ::

Cody: Enter!

Holly: Commander Cody correct?

:: Sabrina walked into the room and stood at attention in front of the Commander. Sabrina smiled and brought her warm bright energy and personality to her professionalism and formality. Usually she came off as stiff and overly formal so this was a step in the right direction for her meaning her holodeck sessions were finally starting to pay off, she just hoped she could keep it up. ::

Cody:  That’s me.

Holly: Lieutenant Commander Sabrina Holly reporting Sir. You requested to see me?

:: Sabrina’s word choice came off a little formal, however she still felt it appropriate. She was very curious as to what prompted such a meeting as this with so few details given over the comm. The Commander chose that moment to stand and approach the replicator. ::

Cody: Coffee, black. Would you like anything?

Holly: No thank you, Sir.

Cody: Let me ask you something. When do you feel saluting and command attention are appropriate, in your personal opinion?

Holly: I don’t usually salute, but I stand at Command attention whenever I’m called into an office for a meeting of a superior officer unless told to do otherwise, during grand ceremonies, and of course for visiting Admirals and the like Sir.

:: Sabrina noted the Commander’s chuckle. He seemed a lot more lighthearted than most of the other Commanders on this ship and Sabrina couldn’t help but wonder why he was questioning her on what seemed to be such an inconsequential detail. It wasn’t like she snapped to attention every time the Captain entered a room, just usually when called to one on one meetings with superior officers. ::

Cody: As for me, those sorts of things are best left for those grand ceremonies, visiting Admirals and the like. As a certain Rear Admiral kept drilling into me when I first came to Starfleet under her command, there’s a time and place for that stuff. Get a bunch of lower ranking officers working on the bridge who stop every time one of us comes in to snap into attention and those damn salutes, that’s several wasted moments better spent doing something else. That’s my take on it, at least.

Holly: I understand Sir.

oO I’ll have to keep that in mind for next time. Oo

:: Sabrina watched him study his PADD, it kind of gave her butterflies not knowing what he was thinking about or why he had called this meeting. To Sabrina this meeting was totally random and spur of the moment and was therefore making very little sense in her head, but she was sure there was a reason, she just had to wait it out.. ::

Cody: We’ll get to the purpose of this meeting in a moment. First, how much do you know about me?

Holly: I stepped down as Executive Officer was assigned to HCO, was almost immediately transferred to the USS Venus and when I returned you were Executive Officer then for whatever reason you weren’t any more. That’s pretty much all I know, Sir.

:: Sabrina hadn’t had a chance to read his file, but for right now she wasn’t concerned with that. If Selene trusted him enough to have him here that was good enough for her. ::

Cody: ?

Holly: Is there something specific you thought or hoped I would know?

:: It wasn’t like Sabrina had been back that long, she didn't even know who the acting Executive Officer was at this point. It occurred to Sabrina that she might not be in here for a lecture after all. That he might just be probing her for his own replacement since she had already been Executive Officer once. ::

Cody: ?

oO  I’m not going to ask how much he knows about me because that’s probably a loaded question. Oo

Holly: I mean no disrespect Sir, but... I am a little curious as to how my knowledge of you or rather lack thereof is relevant to the circumstances of this meeting.

:: Sabrina tried to word that delicately, but she wasn’t sure it came out correctly. She just hoped it didn’t come off as rude or abrasive, she wasn’t trying to be. She was genuinely confused and curious at the moment and really wanted him to stop beating around the bush and get to the point. ::

Cody: ?

--
Lieutenant Commander Sabrina Holly
Executive Officer