[Denali] Ensign Elonat - Radiation Calibration Collaberation

Elonat

Mar 15, 2023, 3:18:15 PM3/15/23
to Denali Station – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Upper Operations, Anchorage, Denali Station))

Oddas: Can we beam them in?

Life signs had appeared within the three radiation hotspots.

Elonat: It may not be possible. Radiation often disrupts transportation.

Neshala: There has been quite a bit of transporter activity, Captain. So I don’t believe the radiation is hampering it too greatly. Though in the areas of larger radiation concentrations, pattern enhancers are necessary for a complete transporter lock.

Oddas: Luckily it would just be equipment we're worrying about beaming in.  Everyone can walk out if need be?

Elonat’s gaze lifted to look at the Captain and then to the Vulcan who she had looked to.

Stelek: We may find crew and civilians unable to mobilize themselves.  Transporters may still be the best option in those cases.

Elonat: Beyond current cellular damage, they would only need treatment for symptoms. As long as the biofilters perform as expected, that is.

Neshala: I alerted the clinic earlier and they have already begun the necessary preparations.

The relief from that information released some of the tension that had rapidly built up in Elonat. They let out a short sigh before looking to the Captain for further instruction.

Oddas: Good work, inquire if they need any supplies - we may be able to transport them in from the docks or elsewhere in the city.

Elonat: If there is a lack of available personnel, and I am no longer needed here, I am capable of assisting in a rescue party or triage.

They took the PADD they had arrived with back into their possession. The Ensign quickly switched programs to search for more information regarding radiation. With a general plan in place, they felt no shame in taking a short moment to refresh their knowledge.

Neshala: Response

Stelek: If we can get the biofilters tuned to the right specifications, we should be able to clean that up and siphon out some of the more deadly effects of the radiation.

Oddas: Ensign, take the scans and assist Commander Stelek with the transporter adjustments - I want to do everything we can to get our people out of there safely.

Elonat: ::straightens and nods:: Where would that be located?

The Worene’s eyes followed the path of Captain Oddas’ lifted hand.

Stelek: This way, Ensign.

At the second usage of Elonat’s title, they felt a pang of shame. They had done a better job keeping up with professional formalities during their final examination. With a quick, shallow bow they followed Commander Stelek. The short distance from the central display to a smaller console near the far window was spent thinking of a way to properly apologize; First impressions were significant to many species and cultures. Their CO’s impression potentially reflecting poorly on Elonat made their ears burn.

Once the two arrived at the console, Elonat turned fully to the Commander, and lifted their empty hand in a Vulcan salute—Hoping that in doing so, they could at least improve Stelek’s impression of them.

Elonat: I am pleased to make your acquaintance, sir. ::lowers hand::

Stelek: Response

Elonat twisted to begin looking over the console. They were at least familiar with how transporters worked, but not so much with how to make them work.

Elonat: In addition to calibrating the biofilters, I am wondering if it would be possible to remove radiation during the conversion from energy to matter as well. Given that radiation is a form of energy, perhaps we adjust parameters there to bar its ability to pass through the transporter? If that were to work, then a greater portion of the biofilters could be committed to reducing the impacts of the radiation.

Stelek: Response

Elonat felt their whiskers impulsively twitch as they listened, thinking about further ways to proceed. Without familiarity with the commands and technical processes, all they could provide the Commander with was data. They pulled up a report of the more detailed analysis Captain Oddas had displayed earlier.

Elonat: This is the range of wavelengths the radiation is being recorded at. ::They turned the PADD so the screen faced Stelek.:: I am still unable to identify the material source. Will this be sufficient, Commander?

Stelek: Response

((OOC: Understood! Thank you for letting me know. Sorry about forgetting to include location and endnotes on my last sim.))

TAG, TBC

Ensign Elonat

Science Officer

Denali Station