Lt. Commander John Kendrick - Blipping out of Existence

Jon Van Pelt

Jul 22, 2024, 2:07:03 PM (5 days ago) Jul 22
to Denali Station

((Maintenance Crawlspace, Deck 9B3/4, USS Eagle))

John accessed the ship’s internal systems and quickly spotted an officer about to encounter two intruders. With a few taps on the console screen, he activated a force field.

Kendrick: ::at Zevash:: I’ve erected a forcefield, blocking the path of two intruders.

Zevash: response

The Remmilian looked up towards Harford.

Kettick: Doctor, if you can lock on their vitals, I can try and give you a temporary surge of power to activate an emergency medical STS transport.

The Engineer brought up an interesting alternative to neutralize the boarding party.

Harford: Response

Kendrick: ::at Harford:: I’ll help you, doctor.

Zevash: Response

Kettick: Either you can send the intruders to a quarantine ward, the kind that has level four forcefields to keep anything from going in or out without the captain's say-so... or you can send our crewmate to safety while Ensign Zevash field-tests his new modification on the two intruders.

Harford: Response

Kendrick: I suggest we beam the intruders directly to the quarantine ward. ::to Kettick:: It’ll give us the opportunity to interrogate them. It might give us a strategic advantage.

Zevash: Response

Kettick: I suppose using a metaphor such as “aggressive radiotherapy to rid the ship of a malignant infestation” would be in poor taste?

John monitored his console and noticed the dot representing a fellow officer blipping out of existence. It was almost surreal to see a life disappear, almost as if they were playing a computer game.

Kendrick: Doctor, we need to act fast!

Harford: response

TAG/TBC

Lt. Commander John Kendrick