PNPC Lieutenant Stelek: The Alien Presence

Nicholas St Gabriel

Jun 15, 2022, 9:57:30 AM6/15/22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Upper Operations Deck, Anchorage, Denali Station))

The operations center had been running optimally less than several hours, the patches were doing their job and the sensor grid, as rudimentary as it was, was finally, up and getting the sensor information fed to the floor.  If she expressed happiness at such things, she would be smiling.  As it was, Stelek was channelling the satisfaction into the detailed configuration of what the sensors could be once they had all the components installed.

She brought one of the outlying stations online, and immediately got an anomalous reading.  She began a quick diagnostic and brought other stations online, the beeps echoing through the mostly empty room.

The diagnostic came back, the readings were correct.

Stelek: =/\= Lieutenant Stelek to Captain Oddas, Commander Qinn =/\=

Qinn: =/\= Responses =/\=

Oddas: =/\= Oddas Here =/\=

Stelek: =/\= Apologies for bothering you Captain, Commander.  The sensor grid is picking up - something on the far edge of the market area of the city.  It doesn't match anything we know about the city, and it appears to have an erratic, but organized power signature. =/\=

Oddas: =/\= Is it possible any of the crew have turned something on they shouldn't have? =/\=

Stelek: =/\= I doubt it, sir, our crew hasn't made it that far into the neighborhood and the power signature hasn't matched what the survey teams or crew have reported what we know about the city. =/\=

Qinn: =/\= Response =/\=

The Vulcan pressed a few keys and got a more detailed scan of the area, letting a small frown creep into her lips.

Stelek: =/\= I would recommend transporting in, the energy distribution might scatter targeting systems. =/\=

There was hesitation on the other end for a few moments, Aria was no doubt weighing options.

Oddas: =/\= Send the Coordinates to my PADD - Commander Qinn, start putting an Away Team together. =/\=

A tap of the keys and the coordinates were sent to the Captain's PADD.

Qinn: =/\= Response =/\=

Oddas: =/\= I'm only a few kilometers from there, Commander - recall the crew from shore leave and I will meet an Away Team at the location, send a shuttle in case we run into issues.  =/\=

Stelek could hear the slight nervousness in Aria's, given the way she had responded in her quarters, Stelek was slightly concerned about the Captain being outside.  She did the only thing she could do, which was trust Aria could handle it.

Qinn: =/\= Response =/\=

TAG, TBC

Lieutenant Stelek

Operations Officer