Lt. Commander Dekas - A blue and gold transition

Ace Christensen

Aug 1, 2023, 2:51:32 PM8/1/23
to Denali Station

((CO’s Office, Floor 15, Anchorage Tower))

Dekas took a deep breath, gave a knock, and waited until he was given the go-ahead.

Oddas: Come!

He bowed his head respectfully upon entrance.

Dekas: Afternoon, Captain. I hope things are well after everything. Or at least on their way to being more okay if not.

The Captain waved it off, and was mostly focused on something.

Dekas: ::Nodding:: Right. Here for a reason. I’ve noticed we are, ah, a bit lacking in the Counseling department right now. And I really think I could help remedy that.

Her focus did seem to shift at that based on the raise of the brow.

Oddas: I beg your pardon?

Some part of Dekas wished he didn’t have so much schooling under his belt, and that he’d chilled out on the learning in his 20s and done more than just the bare minimum of being a fun party boy. Because in reality, he didn’t always like saying out loud how much education he happened to have and in such varied areas. It often felt too close to bragging. He didn’t like the risk of seeming like he thought he was above anyone just because he happened to be an avid academic who enjoyed collecting knowledge and skills like some people collected antique currency. But he was here to suggest a fairly drastic change in his current career path, so the need to give qualifications couldn’t be helped this time.

He started by sliding over a PADD with that info if she needed it. And it could stay where it was if she didn’t.

Dekas: I have some educational background in psychology from the academy as a very good number of my electives. On Aurelia prior to that, I specifically minored in Psychology alongside my majors in Linguistics and History. It might not have been my main educational branch, but it’s always been part of it. I’ve been re-acquainting myself with my previous schooling, including learning more recent information and practices that would be more applicable here. As a bonus, Aurelians are raised to practice and work on a healthy amount of diplomatically related social and emotional skills from a very young age, and are highly encouraged to help those around them to practice similar skills as they grow. It’s part of the process of being considered an adult in the cultural sense among my people. And I can make sure I’m filling in official educational gaps in between. I’m nothing if not open to extended education.

He took a pause to breathe and slow down.

Oddas: That's *how* you're qualified, any particular reason you want to do this?

It was a good question, and one he’d had time to think about while trying to either convince himself he should, or talk himself out of it, clearly the former won out on that one considering he was here now.

Dekas: It’s hard to exist sometimes, and I think everyone needs a little assistance carrying the weight of their experiences to continue to exist, to truly live whether they want to admit they need the help or not. I can help. I want to help.

Oddas: I can understand, I suppose.  This is something you've been thinking of for some time I take it?

Dekas: I have. And it’s less a lack of interest in what I was doing before and more that I feel like a shift was necessary for me as a person.

As she listened, she took Dekas' PADD and entered some orders before handing it back to him.

Oddas: Have Commander Falt make the arrangements and good luck - I'm sure the station is in good hands.

He wasn’t sure what answer he’d expected coming into this, but he was happy with the answer all the same. He would do his absolute best to make sure the station actually was in good hands with him.

Dekas: Absolutely. And thank you, Captain.

He gave her a bow of his head in respect before taking his leave to see if he couldn’t find Tomas to make sure his transition from Gold to Blue was where it needed to be.

Lt. Commander Dekas

Counselor

Denali Station

J239802D12

Pronouns: They/she (player), He/him (character)