"Doc" Alix Harford - Someone Else's Nightmare

Meri

Jul 21, 2024, 4:06:06 AM (6 days ago) Jul 21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Deck 10, USS Eagle))

She turned on her heel and headed in the opposite direction from Katsim. After making her way slowly through the corridors and coming across no one, they reached a turbolift. Not ready to traverse to other decks, she pressed her back against the wall around the corner from the turbolift, out of sight in case its doors opened. Owa followed suit and watched the other direction down the corridor while Doc took a moment to get her bearings.

oO Deck Ten. Which means we need to go up. Every valuable target will be up. Oo

Alt Harford: I suppose they've locked out the lifts.

She wasn't really expecting Owa to respond to her, she was more just thinking out loud. Doc hadn't boarded a vessel like this before. The thought crossed her mind that she was now closer to freedom than she'd ever been. Couldn't she just take a shuttle and escape?

Owa: The lift is locked.

Doc looked up, as she'd struggled with her thoughts, she hadn't noticed the half Bajoran man walk over and check the lift. It was enough to pull her out of the fantasy of escaping and refocus her on the problem at hand.

oO My duty is to the Resistance and if I don't return with a hostage, Ushow will certainly restrict my access, if I'm lucky. Oo

Alt Haarford: Alright then how do we...

Her question was cut short as Owa popped open an access hatch and motioned to the opening.

Owa: We go into the ship.

Alt Harford: Lead the way then.

She could not bear the thought of allowing a Bajoran behind her in such a confined space. Owa's response was a simple nod as he ducked into the crawl space and Doc crouched to follow. They made their way up slowly in the dim tubes and the knot in Doc's stomach grew tighter with ever cold rung she grasped.

oO Today I have to be someone else's nightmare. Oo

Any: Response

Alix "Doc" Harford
Slave serving as Doctor & Comms
BDS Kai Ircash, Shai Bel Defense Forces