Cmdr. Alora DeVeau - "It Just So Happens..."

Amanda Nordstrom

Jul 26, 2024, 3:14:30 PM (17 hours ago) Jul 26
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Bridge, Deck 1, USS Eagle))

With the crew of Denali trapped in an alternate universe and already another version of Oddas, or evidently her sister, threatening them, the crew had managed to get away and sought refuge in the lee of an orbital platform.  Because of the electromagnetic pulse they delivered to the Bajoran craft, Alora hoped the other ship would struggle to get its systems running long enough for them to find a way back home.  After connecting with the Commodore and her team, Drex established a connection with the Eagle and sent along information pertaining to events that had transpired in the current universe just before their arrival - and it included logs!

DeVeau: It’s possible something in there will tell us not only what happened and how it happened, but it’s possible it could give us a way to get back home.

She glanced around at the assembled officers on the bridge.

DeVeau: It’s a lot to go through.  It’s going to take some time.

Falt: Okay. Can you divide the data up between us? We’ll get through it quicker if we all pitch in.

DeVeau: That would certainly help.  I’ll distribute between us.  Turning, she began to sift through the information in preparation for allocation.

Hetz / Strathmore: Response

Falt: Please can you coordinate as needed, Commander. I’ll help in a minute, but I need to get an update from Kettick or Kendrick first.

Alora didn’t respond save for a nod.  Glancing over at the others, she flashed a smile at the Counsellor as well as the new crewmember who found himself thrust into a doozy of a situation.

DeVeau: Hertz, grab a console.  Strathmore, let us know if you’re still feeling bad.  I’m transferring information.

Hetz / Strathmore: Response

Meanwhile, Tomas motioned to the HCO officer and established a link to the team combing the ship.

Falt: =/\= Falt to Kendrick. What’s your status, John? =/\=

Kendrick / Kettick / Zervash / Harford:  =/\= Response. =/\=

Distracted by her task, Alora only cast a quick glance over at Tomas before she spoke to the other two assisting her with the data.

DeVeau: Even if something seems unlikely, go ahead and point it out, okay?

Kendrick / Kettick / Zervash / Harford (if you continue):  =/\= Response. =/\=

Falt/Hetz / Strathmore: Response

Settling in her chair, Alora tried to focus on the matter at hand rather than worry over those who were combing the vessel for intruders.  They had their task, she had hers, and she could better serve the crew by searching for a way to return to their own universe.

As the data rolled over her screen, Alora studied it more closely.  The logs included time stamps, converted from the original Bajoran to Standard.  After comparing the data between what Drex sent and what the computer had compiled through its own scans, she noticed a correlation.

DeVeau: Like I mentioned, there was also a power surge in this universe.  In fact, according to these readings, it was even stronger than the one we experienced, which suggests that it originated here and what we experienced was the result of it cutting through the fabric of the universes, opening a doorway.

Falt/Hetz / Strathmore: Response

DeVeau: Evidently it’s related to that artefact they found on an orbital platform.

She paused as she squinted at the information on her screen.  Then, straightening, she mused over the coincidence even as she shared her findings with the rest of the group.

DeVeau: An orbital platform which, if I’m reading this correctly, is the very one we’re currently using as a hiding place.

Falt/Hetz / Strathmore: Response

--
Commander Alora DeVeau
Chief Science Officer &