PNPC Senior Cmdr Nugra - Time to buy things!

Nugra/Shedet

Jan 4, 2023, 12:49:43 PM1/4/23
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
(( Hinji Market, Starbase 104 ))

Honestly, the noise coming from all the vendors was relaxing to the
large Gorn. It reminded him of home where the bazaars and markets were
still an important part of Gorn culture. His whole entire being loved
the activity. Plus, when no one was trying to kill you, it was a lot
easier to enjoy these things.

Rajel: I like bright colors and Earth colors. Also Teal but... unless
the Gorn have Teal colored furry animals that may not be an accurate
cape for this purpose. ::She smiled to him.::

Nugra: :: chuckling :: We do have dyes, Jalana. Natural pigmentation and
teal is one of the colors we use. Made from the berries of a Chuvala
plant. We Gorn do believe in color.

Rajel: You know that I'll be happy with any color. Just getting a cape
from you will be a huge honor.

The Gorn stopped for a moment and then placed his massive clawed hand on
her shoulder and smiled at her with that toothy grin she had come to
recognize.

ugra: It is just a garment. It is a huge honor to have someone like you
as a friend.

The two were quiet for just a moment before they went back to the shopping.

Rajel: Alright, then what are the options that fit the tradition?

The giant lizard grinned at that and grabbing a long piece of fur and
stretching it out to show the soft hairs so she could touch it.

Nugra: At your rank, tradition dictates uniqueness. The only thing
standard is the cut itself, a secondary fur to line the edges near your
neck as it would normally attach to a pauldron. Also the Mrr'Tekk bird
will follow the standard pattern of wings out with the fish in one hand,
the sign of resourcefulness. That is pretty much it. The rest is unique
to you as the cape is to represent you. What do you wish to be clutched
in the other hand? If you have an ideal, I can find the Gorn symbology
for it. Do you want a triangular section cut at the bottom to allow your
hand and holster to be free of the c
ape, the possibilities are endless.

Rajel: Response

For the next half hour, the two went through the different cuts, ideas,
and patterns before giving Nugra an idea what it was going to look like.
With everything purchased, Nugra transferred the credits to the shop
keeper but also dropped a few golden Drakshal's in to the man's hand.
The Gorn coins were made up of pressed tilinium resin that was beautiful
and valuable to his species. Much like latinum, it was almost impossible
to replicate and so served his species as currency since they had not
gone fully free of it much like the Federation. The alien merchant would
have to get him Chuvala berries and where he would buy it did not take
credits.

With that, Nugra looked around at the market.

Nugra: What else? Do you have a fancy for anything else or shall we go
find a place to dine?

Rajel: response

Nugra: This is your day out, Jalana. You are not allowed in your office
until tomorrow so let's go w
here you always wanted to. If anyone needs
you, they can reach you by communicator and then your next in line can
deal with it.

Rajel: response

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~