Commodore Jalana Rajel - Meeting the guests

Jess

May 1, 2021, 9:03:53 PM5/1/21
to IC Conny

(( Constitution Bridge ))

The moment the line was closed Jalana exhaled and her straight posture slumped forward. The thought of the crew of the ship dying over there was weighing heavily on her. To pretend she didn't care was draining and one of the most difficult things she had to do, even though they were pirates who had attacked them, they were still lives.

Rajel: Go as slow as you can, Nugra. Give them the time we can afford before we have to get out of radius.

Any: response

Rajel: I don't know if, but I want to give them the chance.

She heard Jacob calling Sirn and listened.

Horne: =/\= Horne to Sirn =/\=

Sirn: =/\= Yes Lieutenant. =/\=

Horne: =/\= Going off a hunch here.  Sending you something I want you to look at =/\=

Sirn: ?

Horne: =/\= If I'm right we're going to be busy transporting lifeforms off of the Theseus shortly and we're going to need to figure out how to do it without overloading the transporter system.  What do you think? =/\=

Sirn: =/\= Interesting. =/\=

Horne: =/\= If I'm right we're going to be busy transporting lifeforms off of the Theseus shortly and we're going to need to figure out how to do it without overloading the transporter system.  What do you think? =/\=

Jalana nodded. Jacob knew her well enough to know that they wouldn't just leave if they could avoid it.

Sirn: =/\= I do believe that this would do exceptionally well in distributing the load between sections. I shall begin implementing it on this side. =/\=

Horne: ?

Rajel: How much time to we have left?

Any: response

Rajel: Double time. You have seconds before we have to leave transporter range.

The Trill got back up from her seat and began to pace, her eyes on the screen displaying the Theseus. How many people were on that ship? How many lives would be lost? That was when she heard it.

Fuse: =/\= Theseus to Constitution. You win. Five souls ready for transport. =/\=

There were people who wanted out. Five, only five. But five lives that did not want to end it here. Her heart beat to her throat as she twirled around to the consoles in the back.

Rajel: Get them out. Now! I don't care where you drop them, get security there.

Sirn: ::tapping at his console:: Transport complete. Five lifesigns brought aboard and placed in a vacant cargo hold on Deck 4.

Any: response

Rajel: Back off, maximum impulse, try to stay between them and the Stardrive section. Keep power on the shields.

She called out to Nugra, they didn't have any more time unless they wanted to be hit by the shock wave. And if so she hoped that their shields were holding for them and Saveron's crew on the other section. It had been enough to lose a warp nacelle and have hull breaches all over. The repair teams at SB 104 were going to have a lot of work to do. But first things first. Getting out of the way of the explosion.

Any: response

Hearing the count down did not calm her one bit. Her eyes remained on the screen though as the numbers went down and the Saucer section moved further and further away from the Theseus.

Any: response

Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, not able to forget that there were people on that ship who would rather die than getting out. It hurt her deep inside. There was no celebrating that they had been able to convince five people, right now she thought of those that were lost. And then it happened, gas ignited flames engulfed everything as the ship on the view screen disintegrated, the bright light was dulled by the screen that was dimmed.

Jalana closed her eyes and her mind was with those who had been on that ship allowing herself that brief moment to mourn the loss off life.

Any: response

After that moment of silence she took a deep breath. Her eyes still closed she spoke.

Rajel: Call Saveron.

Any: response

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= How is the Stardrive holding up? Is anyone hurt? =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= From the looks we are okay, shaken but unhurt. At least on the bridge. We have a bunch of reports from all over the section, but are working on it. =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= I'll take you up on that later, but now I think we have to get our people back. Do we see it correctly that your shields are down? =/\=

Saveron: =/\= response =/\=

She looked up to Sirn and thought for a moment.

Rajel: =/\= Sirn, Jacob, is it possible to expand our shields to cover the starboard section as well so we can move through the nebula to the mine and after that to the station? =/\=

Any: =/\= response =/\=

Rajel: =/\= I don't think the computer is able to do an automatic joining right now and manual takes time, we have people in a mine packed with pirates. I'd rather not have to wait. =/\=

Any: =/\= response =/\=

((OOC: Feel free to technobabbel here! I am doing a liiiiiiittle skip to when we fly off, leaving off the detail if that worked so you are not forced with a certain outcome :) ))

A little later both parts of the ship made way, they had something to do, family to get back and in the process kick some pirate butt, maybe. It would take a bit of time to get to the mine and Jalana felt unsettled. She looked to T'Seva.

Rajel: I'll meet our guests, you have the bridge. Call me if anything happens.

Usually Nugra would be the higher ranked officer, but he was an exchange officer at this time to T'Seva was the logical officer next in line.

T'Seva/Anyone: =/\= response =/\=

With that she nodded and walked to the lift, but when it didn't open she realized they had turned them off to divert power. So she walked through the side door to walk down the half-deck ramp to the staircase to get to deck 4.

(( Cargo Bay, Deck 4 ))

When the Trill entered she saw the back of Sherana first, a rifle in her hands. She considered that this must be a strange situation for the Orion, who did not identify as one. Maybe that little detail was actually making it not weird. Who knew. Then she looked to the two uniformed officers, their phasers in their hands but aimed at the floor. For a brief moment she wondered if that was necessary but she reminded herself of what the Syndicate was capable of. One of the officers noticed her, the tiny woman, who was known to be kind and easy to deal with, but now had to have made hard decisions and fight to her teeth. He stepped aside making room for her so that Jalana could step towards the pirate group and looked over their faces, thoughtful. So these were the five.

Rajel: I believed it was time to meet in person. I am Jalana.

Fuse/Kirn/Any: response

Rajel: I know the circumstances are anything but pleasant, but despite the coming consequences I am appreciative of your willingness to beam aboard. And I am sorry for your loss of your friends.

Fuse/Kirn/Any: response

-----
Commodore Jalana Rajel
Commanding Officer