Lieutenent Jacob Horne - Process of Elimination

1 view

Jeff Newell

Jul 30, 2021, 3:00:40 AM7/30/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
((USS Constitution - Main Sickbay))

G'Renn: We’ve been having some problems with hypospray vials. Either the components don’t replicate together or there are defects in the vial that cause it to spring leaks.

Horne: Let's ask for one of those and I can take some readings to see what's going on.

G'Renn: Good idea. ::Anath turned to the replicator.:: Computer, 25 ccs of terakine.

Horne: Recording data.

The replicator acknowledged the request and whirred to life.  Jacob paid close attention to his equipment during the process looking for anything out of the norm.  The space lit up as the medicine started to form in front of them.  First there was a glass vial and then the liquid inside.  The machine quieted.

Anath grabbed the vial and started her inspection.

G’Renn: There are a few cracks in the surface. At least the terakine is staying in the vial. ::She looked over the vial in her hand, looking at the entire surface for other faults.:: There’s not really any discernible pattern to it. It’s just random gaps in the wall of the vial.

Horne: Hmm.  Definitely something going on here.

G’Renn: Anything obvious from the internal components?

Horne: Maybe a pattern buffer issue, short cycling before the process is complete which is why the vial isn't completely formed.

G'Renn: ?

Horne: We can adjust this one independently but I'm definitely going to make a note for the entire system.  Can we check on the medicine itself?  Terakine was it?

G'Renn: ?

Horne: If there are problems with the glass vial I want to verify the replication of the medicine is correct and that we're not potentially harming anyone by giving them bad medicine.  It will also help me understand if it's just certain materials, like glass, that the system is having a hard time with.

G'Renn: ?

Lieutenant Jacob Horne
Assistant Chief of Engineering
USS Constitution-B