Commander Saveron: Home again

1 view

Sarah Eccles

Aug 3, 2021, 5:24:14 AM8/3/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

((Vulcan, train station ))

They were soon, however, indoors, which was somewhat cooler. Saveron’s long Vulcan robes swept the tiled floors and revealed only the toes of his shoes as he walked.

T'Seva: We should get beverages. The train will be here soon.

Shedet: ::laughing:: I'm dying for a drink. I did not realize how hot and arid your homeworld would be, Commanders.

Saveron glanced at her. He didn’t know the Chief Petty Officer well, this trip was a chance to learn more about her. He’d generally had few interactions with Orions, and most had been with Sherana who was a naturalised Klingon. The remainder had been… disagreeable. The opportunity was an intriguing one.

Saveron: It is one thing to be told that a planet is hot and dry, another to experience it.

Especially when the native species was adapted to it and didn’t generally feel the need for things like air conditioning. Saveron of course was right at home; this was his homeworld. Drop him on Andoria and he’d be the one complaining. Or just dropping dead of hypothermia. There was a reason that, however good friends they might be, he and Wyn Foster could never be room mates.

T'Seva: Indeed. I find it hard enough...I might have the cuproglobin and other adaptations, but that doesn't change the fact that I spent most of my childhood on Bajor.

Shedet: If you point me in the direction of the drinks, I'd happily get them.

Saveron: There is a dispensary and a replicator against that wall. ::He nodded towards it.:: The dispenser contains regularly consumed Vulcan beverages, if you wish to try one, or the replicator will have most standard Federation patterns.

T'Seva: I don't recommend trying plomeek tea. Try the spiced tea.

Shedet: response

Saveron: Shall I assist in transporting the beverages?

After all, there were six of them counting the un-named Human man, and Shedet was one of these small, energetic women who seemed to populate a large portion of Starfleet. Saveron meanwhile had a surgeon’s hands with long fingers.

He trusted that T’Seva had ensured the man had received a Tri-ox injection. They would have to care for him in the harsh climate of Vulcan.

T'Seva: Plomeek tea is the kind of thing even most Vulcans would only drink if they were feeling unwell.

Plomeek soup was a very popular dish amongst Vulcans, but T’Seva was correct in stating that the tea from the same region was considered a health tonic rather than an agreeable beverage.

T'Seva: Get me a spiced tea, for that matter.

Saveron: Shall I assist in transporting the beverages?

T’Seva: Mom?

Evria: You mentioned spiced tea. Lera, do you want to try some?

Looking decidedly nervous, the Ferengi girl merely nodded. The stranger closed his hands, opened them again. Evria turned to him, frowned for a moment, then.

Evria: And get him the erok tea.

T'Seva raised an eyebrow, but didn't argue.

Shedet: ?

T'Seva: Milder, more like Earth tea. Vulcans drink a lot of tea and tisane type drinks, generally cold.

Saveron: There is little benefit in additional heat. ::He observed dryly.:: Though some have developed a taste for off-world beverage types.

Even when dishes were cooked, they were often permitted to cool before being served. More attention was paid to preventing food going off in the heat.

T'Seva: Well, yes. Some have.

Shedet: ?

The dispensary yielded three bottles of spiced tea, an erok tea, a theris-masu which was Saveron’s usual poison, and several bottles of water, to his quickly typed requests. The latter was precautionary.

He glanced at the Orionese woman.

Saveron: There is also a cactus-juice which some find refreshing. ::He pointed.::

Or there was the replicator.

Shedet: ?

Beverages obtained, they made their way back to the group and passed the drinks around, so that everyone had theirs just as the train arrived, silent on it’s maglevs.

Saveron: What is our intended destination?

He spoke as they boarded the train, tucking his satchel with the water bottles between his feet as he sat down on one of the low seats, as naturally as if he had never left. T’Seva obviously knew where they were going.

T’Seva/Shedet: ?

TAG

Commander Saveron

First Officer