Commodore Jalana Rajel - I'll need you soon

Jessica

May 18, 2022, 9:07:44 PM5/18/22
to IC Conny

(( Arboretum, Constitution - The day after the party))

She did not hear when the steps came closer, deep in her paperwork, but then the voice pulled her out of her work.

Soho: Uh, Commander Rajel, I assume?

She looked up, her green eyes meeting his dark ones. It took her a moment to find back into the present. Once she did a smile began to play on her features. While it had been a while that she'd been commander, ranks were not really of importance, the name was right so he was definitely looking for her.

Rajel: Yes, that is me. Though I prefer Jalana. ::A flash of a memory jumped through her mind, the uneasy feeling of the last time she had said that and had lead to her abduction. She quickly pushed it aside.:: And you are?

Soho: Ensign Kante Soho Sir, your new Counselor. I believe you were expecting me?

Rajel: Ooh, yes yes please join me. ::She gestured to the grass before her:: I did not recognize you without the standard background of the Starfleet ID pictures.

She smiled when he sat down to join and placed her PADD down in front of her.

Soho: Yes, the ID pictures leave a lot to be desired. I swear the Federation has such technology that they can warp across galaxies but the pictures? Still stuck in the 22nd Century!

Rajel: Did you have a pleasant flight? Oh I hope you had a ship with Quantum Slipstream Drive!

Otherwise his flight would have lasted several weeks to get this far out.

Soho: Indeed! The shuttle from Starbase 118 was pleasant. There was ample to eat and drink and the company was interesting.

That sounded like a pleasant flight to Jalana and maybe it was quite good that she was not a telepath, or that picture of the Rigelian would be burnt in her head.

Soho: I believe that before I can report for duty, I need you to officially onboard me to the Constitution, Sir? Then I am to report to Sick Bay for a medical? Is that protocol Sir?

She almost winced at the repeated Sir. Oh why couldn't the Academy be more casual with stuff like that?

Rajel: Yes. Medical is part of the route and the most important to start your work.

Soho: Then to requisitions, to the Quartermaster and finally to the Counselling Department. I hope I have my agenda correct?

Rajel: Yes. At times Security is part of the route too, but we cleared that when your orders arrived. Your quarters should be ready too you just need to ask OPS about the location. And with Counseling being your department you shouldn't have any issue with your clearance. ::She chuckled lightly.::

Soho: Oh, good!

Rajel: There is one important matter though...

Soho: response

Rajel: Please, please do not call me Sir. I am aware that calling your Commanding Officer by first name is not necessarily part of the protocol taught at the Academy, but they did not account for my leadership style. ::She smiled, some of her former hosts would pretty much smack her over the head for that but in this life she lived by her own rules after all.:: I was a medical doctor before I became CO and have continued my informal approach from that time.

Soho: response

Rajel: Trying is all I can ask for. ::She nodded and then leaned an elbow on a knee she was pulling closer.:: I actually may need your services soon.

Soho: response

Rajel: My crew has been through a lot lately to save me from the hands of the Orion Syndicate. It's a classified mission that is why you have not been informed about it. But to give you the short version. I have been abducted and confined, and in that time been subjected to a surgery, if can even call it that, to have my symbiont removed. Both me and the symbiont are obviously in one piece again, but it was a close call that was only possible because my crew did everything in their power to find and get me. But it is a lot to unravel and work through.

Soho: response

Rajel: No, not now. You just arrived and have your route to take. But I am known to try to deal with things myself so I figured I give you a heads up so I have no reason to.

Soho: response

-----
Commodore Jalana Rajel
Commanding Officer