Commander Saveron: I need to know

Sarah Eccles

May 3, 2021, 5:01:46 AM5/3/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

((Security Complex, Deck 28))

20 decks of Jefferies ladders was nobody’s idea of a good time - they’d have calves of steel once they’d recovered. For now Saveron strode into the Security Complex like he owned the place. It was already a hive of activity beneath the emergency lighting; personnel were running back and forth, grabbing equipment and marshalling in preparation for loading into shuttles.

Saveron: We will require appropriate equipment for the four of us.

He might have that natural Vulcan arrogance that made him look at home anywhere, but this was Lystra’s territory. He looked at her expectantly.

Lystra: ?

Once Lystra keyed their access, Saveron followed her into the room where rack after rack contained weapons and protective equipment, now heavily ransacked by the Security staff. A couple of stragglers glanced up as they entered.

Saveron: The shuttles are preparing. Complete your activities and prepare to depart. ::He directed them.::

Lystra/Any: ?

A few moments later the two of them were alone. The Vulcan cast the Boslic Sec/Tac Officer a keen look.

Saveron: I wished to discuss recent and upcoming events, in light of your history with the Orion Syndicate. ::He said bluntly.::

Lystra: ?

Saveron: I am appreciative of your understanding of the Syndicate culture and psych; we have five evacuees who might otherwise have chosen to stand on their pride, had you not spoken when you did.

It had been Lystra’s lead which Saveron and Jalana had followed.

Lystra: ?

The Vulcan nodded gravely.

Saveron: By the same token, it has become obvious that not everything about the Syndicate is perceived moderately by yourself. Your early termination of our participation in communications with the Theseus was entirely inappropriate.

There was no real accusation in his voice, and certainly no anger. Not even disappointment. He was simply stating the facts as he saw them.

Lystra: ?

Saveron: I am aware that you suffered significant trauma during your time with the Syndicate. That is extremely regrettable, and I would never penalise someone for what they had to endure, but I need to know that our crew will not take rash action. Can I trust you to exert self control, whilst at a bridge console? Or do I need to restrict your access to the main consoles, for the safety of the crew?

Lystra: ?

TAG

Commander Saveron

First Officer