Ensign Evelyn Veir - I'm listening

1 view

Clementine Mitchell

Feb 7, 2023, 9:00:55 PM2/7/23
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

((Sickbay – USS Constitution-B))

Veir careened through the doors of Sickbay, nearly late for her shift.

oOMade it!Oo

Congratulating herself on being on time (or near enough, at any rate), she went to a station and grabbed a PADD to check her schedule. But before she could look, she startled at a voice from behind her.

Foster: Well good morning Doctor Veir!

She turned around and groaned inwardly at the sight of Dr. Foster, her new boss. He was not the person she wanted to notice her near tardiness.

Veir: Good morning, I didn’t expect to see you so early.

Afraid of an awkward silence, Veir continued.

Veir: How are you? Sir. ::She added quickly:: How are you, sir?

At least Foster seemed in a good mood, as he leaned on an empty biobed and gestured in her direction with his coffee mug.

Foster: I had a good night’s sleep, a good cup of coffee and it’s a good day to be in sickbay.  How about you?

Veir: I’m well, thank you. It’s good to get some time face-to-face.

At least it would be, once she’d had some time to get her bearings. And maybe some coffee. The aroma floating over from Foster’s cup was tempting.

Foster: I know, we didn’t get to chat much before.  Last mission was a bit … intense?  Mind altering?  Both.

Veir: It was certainly an interesting start to my new career.

Foster: Well, if you have some down time in your schedule, I’d love to talk some shop.

Veir glanced down at her PADD, finally opening her schedule. Mysteriously, it had been cleared. Veir grinned.

Veir: I think I could accommodate that.

Foster: Well, if you like tribbles, I have a very comfy chair in my office.

oOTribbles?Oo

Veir: I’m listening.

Foster: Response

Veir: Well, I’ve never met one, but it seems like that’s about to change.

Veir followed Foster, curious to finally see one of the creatures she had heard so much about.

Foster: Response

--
Ensign Evelyn Veir
Medical Officer