PNPC LtJG Ollo - Bolians typically have *blue* noses

1 view

Davis, Joshua Lazarus

Aug 1, 2021, 11:27:04 PM8/1/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
((USS Constitution - Main Engineering))

Ollo: :: nodding :: I read the reports. Sounds like there’s plenty to do, eh?

Horne: You can say that again. Um, well, we're scheduled to receive some of the primary materials needed to start work on the missing nacelle and damaged propulsion systems. With your background that seems like a good place to start.

“Background” was generous. More like “recent training.” Not that Starfleet isn’t rigorous, but retraining for existing officers is a bit more relaxed than the academy, because there’s the underlying assumption that you know how to solve problems. They do it that way because it works, but Ollo felt slightly outmatched.

Ollo: Eh–sure, sure. I think I’ll start with the EPS grid between the core and the nacelles. I’m sure losing a nacelle caused some kickback in the system, damaged some relays and junctions. :: Jacob, obviously, knew all this but it was Ollo’s way of showing he was competent enough. :: Then just let me know what else needs to be done.

Horne: I will send you the details. The starbase is providing a lot of help on this one, we just need to supervise and make sure that the new system integrates properly.

Ollo: Alright, that sounds good. :: Very good, in fact. Supervision only required recognizing something going wrong, far easier than doing things right. ::

Horne: I, uh, apologize for not reading the transfer report thoroughly and being ready for you. I've been so caught up in the repairs and getting that organized.

Ollo: Oh, think nothing of it. It’s an internal transfer, so it’s easy to miss.

Was that true? Didn't matter–it sounded good.

Horne: Have you had a chance to tour engineering and meet some of the others?

Ollo: No, not yet. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting to given all we had to do

Horne: ?

Ollo: I’m happy to oblige. Say, Lieutenant; are there any skill gaps in the department?

Horne: ?

Ollo: Er, right. Not gaps, but, like, is there a specialty you wish you had here?

Horne: ?

Ollo: I like what I do, but you know. It’s pretty basic. And I just want to be useful as I continue to specialize.

Horne: ?

PNPC Lt JG Ollo
Engineering Officer
Propulsion, EPS, Maintenance