[BACKSIM] Senior Cmdr Nugra - Ghosts we Must Face

Shedet

Jun 7, 2022, 12:02:20 PM6/7/22
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

(( Nugra's Quarters - USS Constitution-B ))

The goodbye with his daughter had been bitter sweet. Nugra knew that she was on her way back to the Gamma Quadrant, a trip so far away the odds he would ever seen her again was almost none. They had spent hours after their dinner with Jalana just talking. For the first time in his long life, Nugra felt that Iria had forgiven him of the things he had done to her as a child. Training her into a killer, abandoning her to the Sisters of Conscience and Fidelity, and just not being there for her.

When the transporter whisked her away, he found himself lost. The sleek Dryarian starship had jumped away and that left him alone and hollow once again. The trip back to his quarters was slow and painful. The Gorn had taken the roundabout way before he finally made it. To his surprise though, there was a message blinking and it had the ID of his daughter.

Curious, he sat down and tapped the comm. The pre-recorded message started:

Iria: Father. I cannot say how happy I was to finally see you again. It has been so long since I've had a chance to see your face and feel your arm on my shoulder. I know we have not had a great life together but I'm happy that we both have come out of it for the better. In all my time together, I have never seen you so content. Jalana is a good friend and I'm happy you found her. The rest of this message is going to be hard father. I want you to listen before you make any decisions. What I'm going to say is going to hurt. I'm not coming back, Father. This was my last visit to the Alpha Quadrant. I will be spending the rest of my life with the Dryarian.

Nugra's heart jumped. What? Why would she say that?

Iria: I know you're asking yourself why and I will explain. I am the Arda of Redemption but I have not confessed all my sins. I'm going to do that now. Do you remember Janel Tarna?

An old memory stirred within Nugra, the troubled Trill that was aboard the Victory near the end of his command. He struggled with a lot of things including failing out of the Trill Symbiosis Commission but after awhile he had gone AWOL and vanished from the USS Darwin under Renos. It was something around 2393.

Iria: With your memory, you probably do remember your problem cases. He transferred to the USS Darwin to Unity Station. You see, the silence between me leaving the USS Columbia and showing up in the Gamma Quadrant was because of him. I...I fell in love with him but felt he had rejected me for Rosek. I...went to Unity Station to confront him about it and...I lost my temper.

Nugra's heart dropped as a sick feeling came over him. He knew where this was going and he wanted to stop the recording before she verbalized it. Tears were in Iria's eyes as she continue to try and speak.

Iria: I...I tried to grab him, to him in the chest, anything to make him pay attention to me. I did not know I extended my hidden blades I carried from the convent when I went after him. I... ::Iria breaking down crying.:: I murdered him that day.

The Gorn was numb as he listened to his daughter cry softly, unable to comfort a recording. His mind was reeling with the information. His own daughter was a murderess. In one way, it did not surprise Nugra. He was the one who had trained her to kill but in another, it was hard to process that she had killed one of his own Starfleet officers, even though Janel was not aboard at the time. His mind came back as he heard her clear her voice and pull herself together.

Iria: I never had any intent to to come back. I stole a shuttle and made it to the gamma quadrant before it gave out. I was happy to just let space take me but the Dryarians found me, nursed me back to help, helped me deal with my...psychopathy. Don't pretend you didn't know, father. You knew I had problems. I tell you all this now because it's the last vestiges keeping me here. I had to sever this last tie to be fully free to do what I need for the Dryarian. I am sorry that this will be your last memory of me. I hope our time together will balance out the horror I have told you. Even if you hate me, I understand. I know you will feel duty bound to report this to Starfleet Security as Janel's file is still open. That is alright. Even with the truth known, Starfleet won't risk a diplomatic incident with a new contacted species especially if they want to operate in the Gamma Quadrant. I don't know if the words will mean anything anymore but I love you, Father. I always will.

The message ended and Nugra sat staring at the screen. He was going to be staring at it for a long time.

OOC: And thus ends a eight year arc that I have run with Nugra with other players through the fleet across multiple ships. LOL I added URLs in case anyone wants to do anymore digging in to the RP story but it's unneeded. Suffice to say Nugra is gonna be shook for awhile.

---

PNPC Senior Commander Nugra

Intelligence Officer

USS Constitution-B

As Simmed By...

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cadet 2nd Class Shedet
Science Officer
USS Constitution-B NCC 9012-B
'17 Simming Prize Laureate
Simming Prize Administrator 2019-Present
Simming Prize Trustee 2021-Present
V238008N10
---
he/him & she/her (player & Character)