Commander Saveron: That's my baby

1 view

Sarah Eccles

Oct 19, 2021, 4:38:52 AM10/19/21
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com

((First Officer’s Office, USS Constitution))

Following his meeting with Shedet, Sherana and Lystra, their best resources on the Orion Syndicate, Saveron returned to his office to create a general briefing document. Now that those core crew who would be involved in the away mission were well underway with their tasks, the rest of the crew needed to be informed, to a point.

Their highest duty, he stressed, was to ensure that the Constitution’s repairs continued to schedule. The Senior Officers were working with Starfleet Command to arrange the Commodore’s retrieval, which was not to be discussed beyond the Constitution’s crew. He deliberately did not include any more details than necessary of the nature of the retrieval. The last thing that they needed was for word to leak out and some Syndicate crony on the Starbase to get a message out ahead of them to the Syndicate.

Once that was done he made contact with Station security to make arrangements regarding the unusual vessel which would be arriving.

Then he downloaded the full details and schematics which had finally arrived onto a PADD and headed for Engineering. They had thirteen hours left.

((Main Engineering, USS Constitution))

The deck was a hive of activity and everyone was moving with purpose. Some were working on repairs, some on the upcoming mission, but everyone was busy and there appeared to be more than one shift’s worth of personnel present.

Having no need to interrupt those focused on repairs, Saveron asked the computer to locate Lieutenant Horne for him.

Horne/Sirn/Taurik/Any: ?

Saveron: Sochya. I have the ship specifications.

No point in wasting time; no time to waste.

Horne/Sirn/Taurik/Any: ?

Saveron: If I may?

Horne/Sirn/Taurik/Any: ?

The First Officer docked the PADD at Engineering’s main control console, sometimes referred to as the ‘pool table’, and punched up the basic layout.

Saveron: A pre-Hobus Romulan Bird of Prey; a Vas Hatham Class to be specific.

The image rotated, showing readouts of systems. Fitted witha Romulan warp drive, disruptors, Romulan plasma torpedoes and the cloaking device. And of course the synthetic singularity which powered the whole ship, but could only power one of those systems at a time.

Horne/Sirn/Taurik/Any: ?

Saveron: We will require language interfaces. I anticipate that the majority of the crew cannot read Main Romulan.

Horne/Sirn/Taurik/Any: ?

Saveron: Not all. I can. I doubt that I am the only one.

He’d done a lot of diplomatic work with the Romulans over the years. Most of it was even Federation sanctioned.

Horne/Sirn/Taurik/Any: ?

TAG

Commander Saveron

First Officer