PNPC "Queen" - Markings of an Empath?

Jess

Jul 1, 2021, 10:23:49 PM7/1/21
to IC Conny

(( OPS Department ))

Despite having been on board for a little while now, Queen still drew attention especially among newer crew members but she was either used to it or didn't notice. Sometimes a bit of both. Her skin was almost snow white with a hint of pink, in stark contrast to the colorful rainbow mohawk haircut standing high in the air and shaved sides of the sides of her head. That was all coupled with that on earth would be called a punk style with tartan skirt, half torn band T-shirt, ripped fishnets and combat boots and topped with lots and lots of chains, safety pins, studs and leather bands as accessories. But one of the things that seemed to unsettle a few people was that they couldn't see her eyes behind pitch black steampunk-ish goggles.

It wasn't that she was trying to hide something but they were necessary for her to not go blind. While on the outside she may look like just another pale human that lacked skin pigmentation, she was the first Linaran that was seen outside of all covering floor long robes and without protection even the artificial light would be harmful. It also meant she would have to back to sick bay soon to refresh her skin protection.

The doors to the OPS department parted and allowed her entry to step towards a welcome area. According to the computer she would receive answers here. Spotting a woman behind the desk she thudded with jingling chain entourage towards her.

Queen: Do you assign quarters to the crew?

Scarrow: That... is one of my assigned duties, you are correct.

Queen: I have been informed that spouses are able to claim family sized quarters. Is that correct?

Scarrow: Yes.

Queen: ::nodding:: Then I wish to claim one.

Scarrow: Of course. It may take some time however. I'd very much like to assign you accommodation's that are still in one piece. May I take your name miss..?

Queen: I am Queen. ::She said in a tone as if it was unthinkable that someone would not know.:: I am bonded to Chief Science Officer Lazarus Davis. Currently we live in his old quarters and wish to expand.

Scarrow: I apologise, I have not been a part of this crew for very long and still need to acquaint myself with many. My given name is Alara, Alara Scarrow. Would you prefer Saucer or Stardrive?

Queen was not quite sure why the woman apologized, but simply nodded. Maybe she chould ask Lazarus later on humanoid exculpation habits.

Queen: Alara, Alara Scarrow. ::She nodded and thought for a moment. If she remembered correctly most science facilities were on the Saucer section, it would be good if Lazarus didn't have it too far to work.:: Saucer section.

Scarrow: Thank you Miss Queen. A moment and I'll see what I can find for you.

The Linaran nodded and looked around the room. Even though she had been here for a while it was still weird to her that things were all so clean. Not only the private quarters, but everything. Bright and shiny and ... clean.

Scarrow: So, how is Lieutenant Davis?

Queen: Alive. ::Something that came almost automatic from the former Gas Miner, among her colleagues there it meant a lot.:: Are you asking about something specific?

Scarrow: I only meant how is he doing after the mission? I sensed it may have taken a toll on him. We served together on the away team and there were... complications. A man died.

Queen's face fell. Well not really on the outside because her face was as expressionless as a rock at least for non Linarans. The way she tilted her head was - among her people - a sign of surprise and distress. Someone had died? Was that why he was so strange since the return?

Queen: You must be close to sense that.

Scarrow: Apologies, that was not my place. I only meant.. I should explain, I'm Al-Leyan. Some of us have latent psychic abilities, I happen to be mildly empathic.

Queen: Em... pathic. ::She repeated that word, tested the feel of it.:: What does that mean?

Scarrow: Just a sense of how someone is feeling emotionally, nothing definitive. I'm not a mind reader.

She nodded slightly. She didn't know if she had ever met a mind reader or an empath. From the looks of it they looked like normal people. She had bright eyes like many Linarans, without being Linaran, but other humanoids would have bright eyes too for sure. There was no mark she could see that would be a tell for those abilities. So maybe she had met any or maybe she had not. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to be able to read people's minds or know what others felt. But then she didn't even know what she herself felt many times, that was enough to deal with.

Queen: I understand. ::Pause:: Have you found anything in this computer of yours?

Scarrow: Almost done. There are quarters that may be suitable for you both however they have been damaged in the battle as was much of that deck. It will take some time for repairs to be completed.

Queen: How long will it take?

Scarrow: response

She thought about that. It would mean more time on the couch for Lazarus, but after that they would have new bigger quarters. It would be worth it, wouldn't it?

Queen: That is acceptable. Will these quarters have two bedrooms?

Scarrow: response

Queen: My eyes need protection from any light source i would prefer not to have to wear my goggles when I sleep.

Scarrow: response

Queen: Do any forms have to be filled out? Quadruple print outs? A security deposit be made?

Scarrow: response

-----
PNPC Qeene "Queen"
Spouse of Lazarus Davis