MSNPC Balanomi Amph'ail - I Wish I Was Brave

1 view

Jamie LeBlanc

Oct 3, 2022, 11:02:37 PM10/3/22
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Constitution-B

(( Team 1 - Daaka - Xindi Colony ))

Amph’ail: Is it scary to do new things?  What happens when you don’t want to do it, but you are told you have to?

Balanomi thought it was scary, but that was mostly because she had never left Daaka, and she had lived her entire life in her comfort zone.

She didn’t know what life was like outside of it, and she wasn’t naturally inclined to go seek it out.  She wasn’t against it, either – even welcoming it when it came to her, like right now.

But she also figured it was scary.

Rajel: ::grinning:: Yep, new things are always scary because they are new and you don't know what will happen. Funny how that works isn't it?

Amph’ail: And do you ever end up finding you like the new thing, even if you didn’t like it before?

Rajel: Ooooooh definitely! ::She grinned and used the thrusters for another twirl. Maybe a little too strong this time because she ended up doing a somersault and laughed merrily.:: This is fun.

She was intrigued by Gell-anna’s excitement.  Clearly this was a possibility of exploration.  This was also likely why Gell-anna, leader of her house, was a good Starfleets explorer.

Amph'ail: I am glad you find joy in it.  Do you find this for all new things?

She was curious to see if this was Gell-anna’s personality that prompted it or if it was a phenomenon of traveling the stars.

Or both?

Rajel: Mhm? Oh right yes: Sometimes I do end up liking something. Not always, some things are just never pleasant you know, but it happens. How about you?

Amph'ail: I have never experienced anything outside of Daaka, and yes while most things are pleasant here, some things will always be unpleasant.  I sometimes want new experiences and sometimes value the security of my life here.

But maybe one could value security too much.  She could live here forever and still travel.  She did not have to be a Starfleets, sailing the stars.  She could visit and come back home again.

Rajel: There is something that one of my former hosts used to say a lot. You know for hosts of a Trill making new experiences is important, that's why we pass on the symbionts, for new experiences.

Amph'ail: Oh!  You said before, you are a dual-life form!  Your other self said they wanted new experiences?  Or that she valued security?

Rajel: Oh no no, that is not what she said. ::grinning:: She said ... You can't not do something because are afraid of what could maybe happen. If you do that you could also miss out on the best thing you ever did.

Balanomi flipped in the water, contemplating that.  It sounded like Gell-anna’s other self was thinking very much along the lines that Balanomi was thinking.

Amph'ail: Nemo said we value security too much – at the expense of exploration.  But the elders argue that exploration is dangerous.  I do not think it is exceedingly dangerous – so many travel without incident.  But I do have some fears.

Rajel: Oh yes, fear is normal, we all have fears. And it can be useful, keeps us from danger. But when we let fear guide our lives and all we do, then we miss out on a lot. ::Pushing the thrusters she moved upwards and did another somersault with a laugh.:: Like this!

Bubbled rose from her gills and she went swimming afterwards with speed.

Amph'ail: I see.  You have come here and this is brand new.  Tell me, Gell-anna, did you have any fears coming here?

Rajel: ?

She flipped to listen and did a turn so they could get a magnificent topside view of the shipyards.

Amph'ail: You are brave.  ::She mused.::

Rajel: ?

She offered a chuckle, but her mind was still tempestuously focused on the upcoming wedding and her own desires and fears.

Amph'ail: No, my people are not renowned for being brave.  They are renowned for being steady and reliable.  Brave is seen as foolish for some elders.

Rajel: ?

She swished her fins as if she was shaking her head ‘no’

Amph'ail: I do not think bravery is foolish.  ::a pause:: I would like to be more brave.

Rajel: ?

Amph'ail: ::Gently, thoughtfully:: Maybe I will be brave at the wedding.  I must be brave.  There is much to do.  ::she flipped in the water and started heading back:: Come, let us gather your people.  We have traveled far and done much! You should rest and I should prepare!

Rajel: ?

~*~
tags/tbc
~*~
OOC – good place to close scene?
~*~

MSNPC Balanomi Amph’ail
The bride

Daaka

"Why do we fly? Because we have dreamt of it for so long that we must"

~Julian Beck

E239010ST0