PNPC LtJG Imas Heeka - I guess that makes me the scorpion

Josh Davis

May 11, 2022, 10:19:48 PM5/11/22
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
(( Starbase 104 - The Space ))

Despite her best efforts... well, perhaps "best" was too strong a word. Despite her efforts, Imas found herself out of her boat and in the water. And T'Seva had joined her.

Foster: Well, if the challenge was to stay in the boat… I win?

He chuckled.

Foster: Or we could level the playing field and make it a swim race back?

Heeka: Oh, don't tell me you'd be satisfied by winning on a technicality.

T’Seva: ?

Foster: Or you can grab on and I’ll tow you…

Imas looked back to the shore. How far out were they? She felt no danger, but she was exerting herself a good bit to stay afloat.

T’Seva: ?

Foster: At this point I’ve worked up an appetite and I just wanna get to that beach and dig into something delicious.

Heeka: I'll take a ride.

She grasped onto the back of the boat.

T’Seva: ?

Heeka: ::to T'Seva:: There's room for two, if you don't mind getting a little close.

She shifted to the port-side of the aft of the boat.

Foster/T'Seva: ?

((OOC: option to consider this a short timeskip to have them as close to shore as you like))

As they made their way back to shore, Imas posed a question to the other two.

Heeka: Have either of you heard the story of the frog and scorpion?

Foster/T'Seva: ?

Imas dunked under the water and reemerged on the starboard side, grasped the side, and put all her weight on it, tilting the boat preciously.

Unless Cade had a trick up his sleeve, or T'Seva intervened... Cade was about to join them in the water.

Foster/T'Seva: ?

——
PNPC Lt JG Imas Heeka
Cardassian Exchange Officer
(she/her)

simmed by:

Lieutenant Lazarus Davis
Chief Science Officer
USS Constitution-B
IDIC team member
ASDB team member
C239510LD0
(he/him, character)
(they/them, writer)

“Th’ abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.”
Brutus in Julius Caesar (2.1.19-20)

((OOC: Please know that all words, thoughts, and actions are strictly IC.))

Josh Davis

May 17, 2022, 11:02:11 PM5/17/22
to sb118-con...@googlegroups.com
(( Starbase 104 - The Space ))

Heeka: Have either of you heard the story of the frog and scorpion?

It was a fable she came across while studying Earth literature. The scorpion hitched a ride across the water on the frog, but couldn't contain itself from stinging the vulnerable frog. They both drowned. It was a morbid tale, and reminded her of Cardassian fables. In a way it gave her hope: if Earth to come out of its cruel past and form the Federation, maybe Cardassia could change for the better too.

But that wasn't important right now. Dunk the doctor was the name of the game.

Foster: … I have not.

He perked a brow, suddenly suspicious.

T'Seva: I have heard several stories about frogs and scorpions, but probably not the same one...

Foster: Augh!

Heeka: Muhahaha!

She hoped it came across in the spirit of playfulness.

T'Seva: I guess we just get ashore.

Foster: I guess we swim!

Heeka: Indeed. Cade, when you are ready, it only seems fitting that you should pick who has hosting duties.

T'Seva: I smell barbecue.

Foster: I like barbecue…

Imas shook the water off her face before inhaling. Yes, the smell of charred meat, herbs, and spices wafted through the air. And she realized how hungry she was...

Heeka: Almost intoxicating.

When they reached the shore, Cade wandered off towards the towels. He seemed like a decent fellow. She intended to talk to him more.

Imas moved a step or two closer to T'Seva, her lips lightly pursed in a smile.

She was having a lot of Big Emotions lately. First; processing the injuries of her comrades, learning that caring for others meant feeling their pain, and also the love she had for them. She was full of joy and pain all at once. But seeing everyone here, together... it was worth it. Risking vulnerability with others was worth it. The pain was worth the joy, and sharing and diminishing the pain of others was worth it unto itself.

And then there was T'Seva. The thought of her sent her heart a-flutter.

Heeka: After the party, let's spend some time together..?

T'Seva: ?

Heeka: I was thinking you could put on some music, I could replicate us a drink, and we could talk about our... this. If you want.

T'Seva: ?

Heeka: No, no, nothing bad. I'm trying to be more vulnerable with you, if that's something you want. After barbeque, that is.