PNPC LtCmdr Akeelah D'Sena - Request to join, Sir.

Jess

Nov 15, 2021, 12:07:12 AM11/15/21
to IC Conny

(( First Officer's Office ))

((OOC: Made sure with Jamie that Cade would agree before this :) ))

Akeelah knew that the new ship would be arriving soon. Since she had not been in the after-math of the briefing she didn't know what kind of ship it would be. It didn't matter to her. What did matter was that she would be on it. She didn't wear her uniform, instead a loose outfit that left enough room for the leg-braces to be hidden and have enough room to do their work, without getting caught in stuff or show up in the shading of the fabric. It needed to be hidden and it was.

In the last hours while Cade had been prepping the Medical Department she had been working with a new Physical Therapist called Serok. He was a mountain of a man, tanned skin, muscles for days, bald head and Vulcan to a degree she had not expected in a man like that. When she asked for a break she got one, for an exact amount of time before he simply grabbed her and put her back on her feet like she was a feather.

She had not met him before. She couldn't have. He had just arrived and would be working in the wellness section as massage therapist under Georgio, but was also a physical therapist so he was most likely pulled in because he was physically able to handle her and stoic enough to not let her wrap him around her finger. Clever.

Now many hours later she had practiced a lot, to the point that walking felt natural again, and also had rest because overworking her legs would be counter productive. She walked around the corner of the hallway and saw Cade already standing there at the office door. The corner of her mouth twitched for a little smile. Despite Cade having seen a very different side of her, in public she was still the reversed person she had been.

D'Sena: Cade. Thank you for coming.

Foster: response

D'Sena: He was merciless. I am sure you knew why you assigned me into his care.

Foster: response

D'Sena: I can't disagree. He called me out on my bullcrap just like you would like it. But it was worth it.

Foster: response

She nodded and took a deep breath.

D'Sena: I am. I hope he'll permit me to join.

It wasn't like it would be for nothing if not, but this had been her driving force. She really wanted this.

Foster: response

She pressed the door buzzer and waited.

Saveron: response

Foster: response

With another nod she stepped forward as the doors opened and into the office. The last time she had been in here, everything had looked so big, it was a different view from the standing position. Her pitch black eyes moved to the Vulcan First Officer as she came to a halt in front of his desk, trying not to look as nervous as she felt. She had been in his position, even if it had been a different ship, she knew he needed to do what was best for the mission and the Commodore.

D'Sena: Commander. Thank you for meeting me. I came to request my participation in the mission to retrieve Commodore Rajel, Sir.

Saveron: response

D'Sena: Positive. I have worked on recovery for a long time and asked Commander Foster for assistance to bring me back to my feet for this mission. That is why I asked him to join me for this conversation, as my doctor. He will be more suitable in explaining it and assess my progress shall you need it.

Saveron: response

Foster: response

-----
LtCmdr Akeelah D'Sena